General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Panel Cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 PM
Default Instrument Panel Cluster

I purchased a 2004 Escalade. I am having what appears to be a common problem with Cadillac automobiles 3 years later. The Instrument panel cluster is not working properly, and it is probably causing the excessive miles to rack up on my Escalade. It is now showing over 90,000 miles. I can be at a stop light and sitting dead still and the speedometer will show that I am moving. I am told it is longer under warrenty because of the milage showing.There is no way in 3 years that I could put this kind of milage on an automobile; especially since I have a second auto that I drive as well most of the time. I am told my YAW Rate Sensor is bad as well as the Left Rear Tire Pressure Sensor. The Cadillac Dealership in my area is wanting over $1900 to repair all of this.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Instrument Panel Cluster

The speedometer shows you are moveing or the odometer shows you are moving? I once had a glitch in my allante where the odometer would advance at the normal rate for 12 miles and then got back to where it was. This went on for years, obviously to my advantage. I didn't get it fixed until the 7 year warranty was almost up.

If while idling your odometer advances, and is still doing that, get a certified mechanic. even the service manager at caddy to do***ent it. If this is not happening you have no chance IMO of getting warranty work done because you don't know how all those miles piled up. 90k miles is a lot for 3 years but not unheard of.. If you can do***ent the odometer, next step is to have a lawyer write the dealership or GM.

Best of luck, hope you win.........................