General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you pull DTC codes on a 1998 Seville STS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Default How do you pull DTC codes on a 1998 Seville STS?

Looked at a 98 STS and couldn't figure what buttons to push to see the DTCs. Normally you push the OFF heater button and the RED warmer button and hold them till all the icons on the display illuminate.
Have done this before. On some systems there is a passanger warmerand cooler rocker switch instead of the red warmer button.
This Seville had two round ***** labeled OFF andI believe temperature. One on the left for driver and one on the left for passanger. There is also a mode switch and a fan higher and lower rocker switch .
I could not find any combinations to work. What do you do to see the DTC trouble codes on a car with this HVAC setup?[]BIGHANK

Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Default RE: How do you pull DTC codes on a 1998 Seville STS?

Had the same trouble here, couldn't find the 'warmer' button, and didnt' even have the owner's manual to fall back on. Learned how to right here at this site, but can't recall which post i read to do so..mine is a '99 Seville, uses the same HVAC controls, so your '98 might have similar dashboard layout.

To the right of your analog instrument display, you should have three buttons for the Driver Information Centre; from left to right, a rocker switch with 'info up and down arrows', a pushbutton 'info reset' and an on/off button.

To access diagnostic mode, press and hold 'info up' and 'on/off' for about 3 seconds. The dash display will go into test mode, for a few seconds, then the message bar will ask 'all?'. to cycle through options, press 'info up' or 'info down'.. on/off is 'yes' and 'info reset' is 'no'

I'm new to this, so I may be missing something, but the only way i seem to be able to get back out of diagnostic mode in my car is to shut the ignition off.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the info. I don't know how to exit either except for turning ingition off. On my Vette you can exit using one of the DIC keys. Think it is the English/Metric key.
BIGHANK

Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Certified Members

IF THE '98 IS LIKE MY '99.... THERE ARE 3 BUTTONS TO THE RIGHT OF THE IPC..... PUSH AND HOLD THE OUTER BUTTONS, HOLD FOR 5SEC.... ONE OF THE BUTTONS IS A TOGGLE, HOLD IN THE TOP OF THAT ONE..................HOPE IT HELPS
rickyd