General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Default HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

I just recently bought a 1998 Caddy Seville STS. When I first got it I was dissapointed when the mode door actuator (to open the climate control vents) wasn't working.Then, all of the sudden it started working.

Needless to say, it's not actually the mode door actuator, it's another electrial problem. See if you can figure this one out:

SOMETIMES when I start the car, the ABS and TRACTION CONTROL light appear on the dash (NOT the text/computer portion where the gas mileage is displayed). They usually are only on for less than 5 minutes and all is cool. Both the ABS and TRACTION control BOTH WORK and here's the stumper:

While any combination of those lights are on, numerous of my electrical features do not work.
Some things that I've noticed that don't work while the lights are on:
>The climate control mode door actuator (no air will blow out until lights go off)
>Front Heated Seats don't come on.
>The self-dimming mear and the compass also don't work while these lights are on
>The auto Emergency brake release doesn't work (and has been a pain in the butt!)
>The safety switch allows me to shift OUT of park while NOT pressing the brake when the lights are on.

These are just a few things I've noticed, and there are probably more things that aren't even noticeable!

ANY IDEAS? I would appreciate them greatly.
Thank you,
Carl Johnson (new cadillac owner)

Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: HERE'S ONE FOR YOU!

Need more info. codes should be stored. repost with codes