General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help me please

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Unhappy help me please

guys im new to here im having the worst time i just bought a beautiful cadillac 1994 seville sts and it is messing up on me two days into owning it ok here is the thing it acts like it has a real bad miss when you take off its allmost like the motor shuts off and comes back on it will do it for a sec then go away untill you hit a few miles per hour faster and you can feel the miss at 50 or 60 the only code its throwing is p095 engine stall detected i replaced the fuel filter plugs wires and bought two coil packs today to go through the groupe now when i hit the gas it misses at a idle and sticks at higher rpms i can hear a backfire in exhaust please help me people i just spent every penny i had and i am stuck i am more then open to any ideas

Attached Thumbnails help me please-i-phone-044.jpg  
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by john clabo
guys im new to here im having the worst time i just bought a beautiful cadillac 1994 seville sts and it is messing up on me two days into owning it ok here is the thing it acts like it has a real bad miss when you take off its almost like the motor shuts off and comes back on it will do it for a sec then go away untill you hit a few miles per hour faster and you can feel the miss at 50 or 60 the only code its throwing is p095 engine stall detected i replaced the fuel filter plugs wires and bought two coil packs today to go through the groupe now when i hit the gas it misses at a idle and sticks at higher rpms i can hear a backfire in exhaust please help me people i just spent every penny i had and i am stuck i am more then open to any ideas

OK .. lets get the whole story?

you bought it TWO days ago so it must have been running nice then.
What was done to the car between then and the stalls? NOT before you got here, but BEFORE CAR STALLED the 1st time ! WHAT was done, parts replaced, parts removed or MOVED !

P095 is about the crank positioning sensor .. but why ?

Last edited by stomper; 08-17-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 PM

i did nothing to the car untill it started bucking and missing and the idle was weird its like it pulls at a light and when it did this i put new plugs wires coil packs and new fuel filter and lucas injector cleaner then it ran even worse it ran perfect till today and it was from the time i started it

Old 08-17-2009, 09:24 PM

i was reading codes from this is this incorrect http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html#pcm if so then i may need a good list by the way i am very thankful for any help given

Old 08-20-2009, 07:00 AM
Angry

hello any one there ok i put new icm and tps miss is gone but check engine light is on now wtf

Old 08-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by john clabo
hello any one there ok i put new icm and tps miss is gone but check engine light is on now wtf

all this sounds like a electrical connector issue.

I bet there is nothing wrong with the parts you replaced and it was all about the connectors being dirty / oxidized. when re-connecting, the electrical connection was re-established.

go to the "electrical ghosts " thread in our FAQ. specially the parts regarding di-electric grease !

I could be wrong .. but I believe that the connectors is the most likely problem. is the car from a damp region ? did it rain, did it go through a car-wash? you didnt even tell us where the car is from or where the car is.

all such silly details help us internet techs to get to the root of the problem .. these things your local mechanic wont ask, cuz he will already knows just by being able to see and touch the car and talk to the owner .. we dont have that privilege.