General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HEAT in the car

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Exclamation HEAT in the car

I have a 1984 Eldorado and the interior gets hot. It feels like the heater is on even when the controls are off and the temp. control setting is on 60 degree. whats up any help out there....

Old 05-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Certified Members

turn the AC on....lol. what happens then?? does your heating/ cooling system work properly?
rickyd

Old 05-30-2009, 03:01 PM

is this only during the summer? sometimes here in fl during summer my passenger tells me they feel heat coming through firewall, and my control is on 60 as well..humm lol its just a hot running car!

Old 05-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by latinowarrior
I have a 1984 Eldorado and the interior gets hot. It feels like the heater is on even when the controls are off and the temp. control setting is on 60 degree. whats up any help out there....
not enough info ..

is there heat coming from vents? climate control baffles stuck on the heater side.

are the floor boards hotter than expected? check catalytic

are u cooking hot dogs in the car? eat them cold.

ok .. the last one dont count.

Old 06-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Certified Members

Easiest thing to check is to watch the air blend door rod go from open (full heat) to full closed (full cold) remove glove box liner and locate the threaded metal rod located at the top of the climate programmer. with engine running, dial in 60 degrees in auto mode. should see rod move the blend door arm fully towards the firewall. now dial in 90 degrees, should see the rod and arm move smoothly and slowly to full hot mode. If the rod moves jerky or stops at all while moving, the little stepper motor is damaged in the programmer and you will need another PROGRAMMER ASSEMBLY. Also verify the ribbed hose from the programmer up to the in car temp sensor is not off on either end or kinked. You can gently unsnap this rod from the programmer and move the rod by hand as well to verify temperature changes. To adjust the rod to the doors arm, set the controls to 90 then bring the disconnected rod to the white arm and snap it back in. this car also has a regular heater water control valve underhood at passenger side of firewall. it is closed at 60 degrees and open at any other temperature. you can see it open and close as you go from 60 to 65 degrees. maybe the hose if off of it or split.

Last edited by carnut; 06-05-2009 at 08:02 PM.