General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 05:38 PM
Default Fuel pressure

Hi , just joined the group.
Looking forward to getting involved.
Already I need help.
Just got hold of my first Seville Sts 1999

All was running fine for a couple of days apart from a few issues which I will deal with separately.
On Rickover I noticed a slight roughness in running, unlike the smoothness of the day before.
Then yesterday it all started, first in th car park when at idle, running rough then cut out, restarted easily straight away, then after a 30 min drive got stuck in traffic then it happened again, at idle, running rough, tried to rev it and struggled to raise the revs, tried to pull away , did slowly but struggled to find any power.
Back a t home on the drive same again, but temp gauge at 12 olock position then it would rise slightly, then fans kick in then I runs lumpy again and tries tostall,
This happened several times.

Felt like fuel starve so I changed the filter and then started up ok.
Then it stopped, fuel is not being pumped,filter empty.
Expecte the fuel to self prime when turning the key onto dash lights.
Not sure what is wrong.
Anyhelp much appreciated
many thanks
Jimmy Seville

Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 PM

when you turn the key , you get a 2 second prime, if its not doing that check your fuse then tap on bottom of tank and see if it starts. if it begins to work u will have to replace pump

Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM

Thanks for the advice gmtechs, did exactly what you said and discovered that after priming and cranking and priming and cranking and checking the fuse/relay for power on priming and cranking (ok ) then found that I can hear the pump priming, still no pressure ????????

Took the filter back off to make sure it wasn't duff or blocked or something to find there was a little bit of fuel in it but not much.
Tried it all again , still no pressure in the system, pump was still working . But took the inlet pipe off the filter to find it completely dry ????

Several cups of tea later and lots of head scratching, decided to take the pump and float out of the tank.

Seville fuel pump | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The hose from the pump just came out of the coupling on the underside of the tank top assembly, just meant the pumped petrol poured back into the tank.
Easy fix, but not sure why it came off in the first place

Last edited by Jimmy Seville; 09-28-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:46 AM
Default Fuel pipe

Has this happened to anyone before.
Is this a common problem.
It may be wise to find a permanent way to secure the end of the flexible pipe to stop it coming off again.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:36 AM

Is this common problem and wise to find a permanent way to secure the end of the fixable pipe to stop it coming off again.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:16 PM

Several glasses of tea later and many go damaging, made the decision to take the push and flow out of the container.