General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine over heating. What's the deal???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Default Engine over heating. What's the deal???

Okay so I've got a 2000 Deville and a couple weeks ago I had to take it in and get it fixed because the engine coolant was leaking and the engine was overheating. They put in a new thermostat and flushed the engine coolant.

Now today I drove it about 5-10 miles and my engine overheated. When I got home I let it cool down for a minute and then I was gonna check the coolant level but when I started to take the cap off the coolent started squirting everywhere.

Anybody got any ideas what the problem could be???

I'm gonna be so pissed off if I have to take it back in and get something else fixed. If I have to fix it again I'm selling this pile of **** and never buying a cadillac again. This pisses me off.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Default RE: Engine over heating. What's the deal???

huh, something broke on an 8 year old car. that is pretty uncommon.

Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

Lets not get emotional over something that probably has more to do with the previous owners, improper maint, poor quality maint work or mechanics, than the car itself. The answers are always there, in the history of the car, always.

The worst legends and nightmares are from people that trow parts and money at a glitch without ever asking why the problem comes up and researching for solutions. Most every problem can be solved with proper diag and logic, reviewing the maint history and the warranty history that often reveal owner related abuse .. not trowing parts at it.

After reading your complaint i find nothing helpful .. even if you are here for years, you should always go by the guidelines in this thread to help us, help YOU!

https://www.cadillacforum.com/m_9792/tm.htm

I tell people that if you like a "perfect" car, NEVER EVER buy used. Buy only NEW and then, you got some chance of finding a perfect car, i said a chance.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:44 AM

hate to say it but it may be a head gasket or posibly someone mixed the antifreeze green with red. if your coolint looks brown thats the case. if you have smokey exhaust than it's a head gasket.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:18 PM

I don't know what the deal is, it hasn't overheated once since then and I've taken it on a 2 hour road trip too.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:40 PM

ORIGINAL: stomper
I tell people that if you like a "perfect" car, NEVER EVER buy used. Buy only NEW and then, you got some chance of finding a perfect car, i said a chance.
I can think of about45 thousand reasons I never buy new. There's a lot to be saved by havingthe interest to gainan understanding of how things work and the patience to fix them.This allows meto enjoymultiple other cars, Jeeps, motorcycles, cigars, etc. It's great!!

Ido appreciatethat an enthusiast message board isa priceless tool in finding common glitches, solutions and good advice.

Glad to hear there are no more overheating problems.