General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Eldorado rattle harrassment

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Default Eldorado rattle harrassment

I've been harrassed for a couple of years with an annoying rattle from under my 93 ETC. It sounds like hard a part hitting against a frame section and responds only to bumps or rough roads like a loose exhaust pipe agains the body. It is not related to speed or wheel rotation. I have had the car on a rack several times and we have ruled out a loose exhaust pipe. The pipe feels very tight when hammered or shook anywhere that we can get access to it. The noise seems to emanate from above an extensive shield under the floor of the car about centered between the axles. Is there a brake cable or other line that could break loose from a bracket or that travels through a rubber gromet or mounting that may harden or fall out? If I knew what to look for maybe I could decide if the work is worth it. (Is this a typical Eldorado quirk?)

Old 07-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Default RE: Eldorado rattle harrassment

Dear Real Cad,

I agree the Eldorado's are the best, I now own two Sevilles but their's nothing like the performance and sporty look of an Eldorado. ( What GM moron thought the CTS could replace it) Anyway I've owned new cadillac's since 1993 and yes my Eldorado had the same problem, it didn't matter what shop I took it to including a dealership no one seemed to know were the rattle originated from. So to make a long story short unfortunately I just lived with the rattle you know that old saying good old GM quality, Pay through the nose and replace your vehicle before your payments are done.

Good Luck,
Tony