General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cue screen

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Default Cue screen

The screen on the CUE looks like the cold weather damaged it. This is unfortunate. Really disappointed in Cadillac

Screen

Old 02-22-2021, 08:13 AM

Hi there,
What you are seeing is the gel between the top CUE screen and the panel beneath it. GM used a gel that tends to dry up after a few years; hence then you get the appearance of cracks. This happened to my 2013 SRX as well. the dealer wants around $1500 to replace the ENTIRE radio unit instead of just replacing the screen itself. I have an extended warranty that covers this repair, but there's a $250 deductible with my chosen warranty. I instead fixed this myself with an EXACT type screen for $140. It wasn't that hard to do if you're a little experienced with following a video. The replacement screen is not some aftermarket junk at all, but rather a quality part that doesn't use gel in between the screens and will not fail. https://www.cuescreens.com/product-p...screen-display

Old 02-22-2021, 08:22 AM

BTW,
If the dealer replaces the CUE components, they will just use the same, gel infused screen again and you will be right back in need of replacement in 2 years or less! Fix it once. Trust me I did it myself. My neighbor had a 2017 Escalade that did the same thing after only 2 years and she bought it new. It's a defect in the product but dealers are still charging enormous amounts of money to repair it AND it will come back.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by SRXFan61
Hi there,
What you are seeing is the gel between the top CUE screen and the panel beneath it. GM used a gel that tends to dry up after a few years; hence then you get the appearance of cracks. This happened to my 2013 SRX as well. the dealer wants around $1500 to replace the ENTIRE radio unit instead of just replacing the screen itself. I have an extended warranty that covers this repair, but there's a $250 deductible with my chosen warranty. I instead fixed this myself with an EXACT type screen for $140. It wasn't that hard to do if you're a little experienced with following a video. The replacement screen is not some aftermarket junk at all, but rather a quality part that doesn't use gel in between the screens and will not fail. https://www.cuescreens.com/product-p...screen-display
Thank you! Ordered it on Amazon should be here tomorrow!

Old 02-22-2021, 09:35 AM

Be sure to watch all the associated Vids on the website before you begin your replacement. I ordered directly from the website instead of amazon. If you need help, Cuescreens.com is always willing to guide you through. They are very helpful. Take your time and dont rush through it. Good luck