General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control No Power

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 07:09 PM
Default Climate Control No Power

So today I had to replace the battery for my 2010 Cadillac CTS. After replacing the battery, I noticed the climate controls were no longer back-lit and the upper notification section was no longer lit either. I checked the respective fuses and all checked good. With the fuses out of the way perhaps re-connecting the battery fried some component in the head unit, My aftermarket radio/nav still works however the rest of the panel is dark and I have no control over any of the climate controls. Before anyone asks, I replaced the battery correctly and in proper sequence and everything else electronically on the car works. My next step was to get behind the center dash and check the harness and perhaps re-seat the connections but I don't think that's going to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:05 AM
Default Similar issue

2016 SRX I replaced the defective cue touchscreen but now all my climate buttons seem to have no power. Have you had any luck resolving your issue?

Old 09-11-2021, 01:40 PM

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Try leaving the air conditioner off for a while. I had a similar problem a long time ago. Maybe I somehow mislabeled the problem, but I solved it that way. You can try it too. And I will also leave you an article describing various issues associated with air conditioners. Here it is marvellous.sg. Read it, there will most likely be an answer to your question. I once had that my air conditioner was dirty; another time, there was a freon leak. On the contrary, there may also be an excess of freon, which leads to the termination of the compressor operation. And I found the tips here—so good luck.

Last edited by CarkQuinn; 09-14-2021 at 12:42 PM.