General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cadillac Deville, Mode settings on climate control panel.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Default Cadillac Deville, Mode settings on climate control panel.

Hi Everyone,
I hope you can help me with this one! I have a 2000 Cadillac Deville, I just came down with a problem in the climate control panel on the dash board yesterday. When I push the mode button to the center vent or center and foot vent positions. No air comes out of the center vents at all. The air is only coming out of the top dash(defroster), the door vents and the floor vents...
1) Are each of these mode setting on it's own specific fuse? That adjust the airflo flaps or seperate fan? If so is it easily replaceable in the fuse box under the dash?
2) Or could this be a seperate problem with a sensor or loose wire that controls the air flow settings and is this a difficult or easy fix?
All the modes do light up on the control panel... it's just that the center vent/setting fan is not blowing out the air... I would greatly appreciate you help with this.
Thank you,
Paul
Wilkes-Barre, Pa

Old 06-27-2011, 01:56 PM

Factory Service Manual has a procedure for re-calibrating actuators which may help:

Calibration Procedure without a Scan Tool
1. Turn OFF the ignition.
2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the Instrument Panel Control Module.

Important
The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

3. Wait 60 seconds.
4. Install the fuse.

Old 06-27-2011, 03:09 PM

Eric, Thank you!

Is this battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the Instrument Panel Control Module located in the front fuse box under the hood? Or the one under the rear passenger seat?

Also, no fuses are marked Instrument Panel Control Module? Could it be labeled just...Instrument Panel?

Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 PM

My guess is 10a fuse no 2 in rear.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 PM

Thanks again Eric!
This didn't work... I followed the procedure for re-calibrating actuators.
1. Turned OFF the ignition.
2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the Instrument Panel Control Module.
I was very unsure which fuse this was since none of them were labeled as the
Instrument Panel Control Module...so last night I went into the front Junction Block (under the hood) and removed the #7 fuse labeled- Instrument Panel and I also disconnected the negative
battery terminal. Waited over 2 minutes before reconnecting the cable and fuse. It seemed to work for about 10 minutes.. so I shut off the car and re-started the car and it wasn't working again...

So today I again followed the procedure for re-calibrating actuators... in the rear under seat fuse box and removed the...
#2 fuse- Heater, Ventilation and AirConditioning Battery
#4 fuse- HVAC Blower
and the #33 fuse- Heater, Ventilation and AirConditioning Battery

None of these seemed to work... am I doing something wrong?
Someone please advise me if you know of something