General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Which Caddy car would you prefer and why?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Default Which Caddy car would you prefer and why?

Looking for a weekend car/light cruiser .... I have always liked the 1985 Seville and found a clean model at a decent price. Now, I am beginning to like the Allante. I already have a convertible car (not a Caddy), so I'm not sure I need another. But, the Allante is growing on me. Can you help me decide which might be the better car? I am looking for opinions, facts, experiences. I know I have to make the decision, but I always ask for opinions and advice here first. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by theatreman
Looking for a weekend car/light cruiser .... I have always liked the 1985 Seville and found a clean model at a decent price. Now, I am beginning to like the Allante. I already have a convertible car (not a Caddy), so I'm not sure I need another. But, the Allante is growing on me. Can you help me decide which might be the better car? I am looking for opinions, facts, experiences. I know I have to make the decision, but I always ask for opinions and advice here first. Thanks!

Those two cars are like day and night in differences.

Maybe if you tell us what YOU expect to do with the car and what YOU expect FROM the car?

then we can give you some intelligent advice.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:11 PM
Default You are Correct

I'd like a car that is fun to drive -- meaning tight to the road in some respects but with a nice, comfortable ride. What holds me back from the Allante is my lack of knowledge of the car (I've driven only one ...which I really liked) and the fact that I don't need a convertible. As for the Seville, I just think it is an elegant car, and I would enjoy cruising in it on the weekends. The car, whichever I would choose, would be a weekend pleasure car.
Thanks for taking the time to offer your insight.