General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

A/C water collecting in underbody? - wet carpet

Old 12-26-2008, 04:02 PM
Default A/C water collecting in underbody? - wet carpet

We recently purchased a 2003 Deville and we love it!I have found that when we take an extended trip the front passenger floor becomes wet and some of the carpet is also wet on the drivers side. I suspect the A/C drain is clogged or not free to exit condensation directly to the ground. I noticed yesterday after a 70 mile trip when I took a corner, parkedand then exited the vehicle there were twin water trails where I had pulled in.

If this is the issue where would I find the drain to correct or does anyone know what else may be going on with the wet carpet?

Thanks! - BNL

Old 12-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: A/C water collecting in underbody? - wet carpet

ORIGINAL: Bmilne2003DeVille

We recently purchased a 2003 Deville and we love it!I have found that when we take an extended trip the front passenger floor becomes wet and some of the carpet is also wet on the drivers side. I suspect the A/C drain is clogged or not free to exit condensation directly to the ground. I noticed yesterday after a 70 mile trip when I took a corner, parkedand then exited the vehicle there were twin water trails where I had pulled in.

If this is the issue where would I find the drain to correct or does anyone know what else may be going on with the wet carpet?

Thanks! - BNL
easiest way to find it is to get under the car when the line is dripping and do a rooter job from there.
use a long wire with a BLUNT end, slowly push it and see (listen) where it comes out under the dash, clean the tray & line.

if this goes on for long, your carpet will grow mold. need to cure quickly.

one more thing .. the line may also be disconnected from the drip tray, and therefore the wet carpet.