General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Anybody ever have this/these problem(s) with a '92 Seville STS?

Old 06-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Angry Anybody ever have this/these problem(s) with a '92 Seville STS?

First, thanks for having a look. Now onto the problems at hand. I'm an owner of a pearl white 1992 Cadillac Seville STS with questionable amount of mileage.

1) My digital dash display is on, but non-operational. For instance, the lights are working, but the mileage is not logging & my climate controls are unusable. Also, the obvious. I can't get to my codes and warning signals are non-existent.

Has anybody else come across this type of issue? If so, were you able and how did you resolve it? It's putting a lot of maintenance on hold.

2) Recently, I've been encountering a "ding" which I've linked to rising temperature (Florida driven) in the motor. It sounds like when you take the key out and leave the lights on. Long story short, due to being unsure of the cause at the time. I drove it to get some errands done. This lead to a bad idea that caused the engine to steam a little, then have a kind of loud burst of steam as I made it home.

Any ideas on what occurred? I'm hoping it's something minor because this would just be my crappy luck if it became major.

3) I have electronic gremlins. They make them selves known when I hit my turn signal to make a left turn. It flashes the 3rd brake light at the same time. Strange to say the least. Right signals are fully functional. Also, when pressure is applied to the brake. My driver's side(non-truck) tail light shuts off. Giving the effect I have an out brake light. Oddly enough, when parking or night lights are on. The light is on until pressure is applied.

It's not as major of an issue as the ones previously mentioned, but police officers here in Central Florida like to pull you over for those types of things. Advice is very welcomed

Thank you again

Last edited by ASchembri0321; 06-24-2009 at 12:16 AM.