General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 seville sts with e-ghost problem with only 17k miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Default 99 seville sts with e-ghost problem with only 17k miles

I just wanted to thank everyone for all of the knoweledge here. I dropped my caddy off at the dealer this morning with symptoms of the e-ghost problem I have read about here. They called me a little while later and told me it was the rear integration module. Without all of your threads I would not have known what the heck that was. But it did make sense after reading the threads about the problem, because I was carrying home 4 five gallon bottles of water and one developed a crack and leaked about a quart of water in the trunk right in the approx. location of this module. How much should I have paid for this module, and to diagnose the problem, bill was around 500.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 99 seville sts with e-ghost problem with only 17k miles

very happy to hear the Forum helped you understand your problem...... im a little concerened with your water leaking in the trunk. the RIM is located on the passenger side rear seat back. if you were sitting in that seat the RIM would be right below your shoulder. so, if you had a water spill in the trunk, chances are the water was not the cause of the RIM being bad..... the PCM ( i believe ) is also in that same area, thus it also would have been affected. in any case that is FYI.......

i purchased the RIM for 160. the over the counter price GM, is aprox 230. so with the labor, your cost of 500 sounds normal.

so..... 17k, 99 sts......... nice!!! please follow the threads concerning coolant, in the Forum. and if you ever want to sell the car, im interested............ good luck to you. hope to see ya round...

thumbs up to the dealer for shooting you straight.... i had mine to three different shops, and they all wanted to milk it.

a big welcome to the Forum!!
rickyd