General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Deville Overheating issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 12:41 PM
Exclamation 97 Deville Overheating issues

Hi , My name is Steven,

i have a 1997 cadillac deville, At first i had a issue as to where my waterpump went bad. i replaced the pulley, the pump, the belt and the thermostat.
car ran fine for 1 day, then i drove it to work because i was going to do the emissions. There were no Warning signs or any altercations that occured when i took the car to work, didn't overheat or anything. A couple hours into work. my Shop Maintenance came up to me and said i was leaking some coolant from my drivers side of car. instead of doing emissions i drove car home on lunch. Car did fine until 1 block from house, the check engine light kicked on and then i started getting the low coolant warning signs.

When i popped open the hood, i noticed Coolant was spraying out from my thermostat Bolt housing.

my question is what do you think the issue could be?

1) did i install water pump wrong?( i did not have a torch wrench i was told needs 75#s of torch? i simply put on to where is was tight)
2) bad thermostat? maybe its a thermostat issue.
3) i had the lower hose from my thermostat to lower radiator replaced.( the last one had a coil in it i could not find anywhere one with a coil that would fit, could this be the issue? tube i bought was long i cut some off to fit, could cut a little bit more also.)

any comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steven M.

Old 09-18-2015, 02:10 AM
Banned

It can be the radiator too. Try having a compete look or else you will have to give your ride for a check to the mechanic.
I guess you won't have to spend a lot on it. Better compare prices before you go for a fix.