General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

72 Eldorado Automatic levelling system

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 08:37 PM
Default 72 Eldorado Automatic levelling system

Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I recently aquired a 72 Eldorado convertible. In fairly descent shape. I would really like to get the automatic level control working. I think all of the parts are there. I was able to add air manually and the rear end came up a little, but leaked out. Is there someone on the forum that is familiar with this system ?
thanks.
AntM

Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 AM

A little.... I repaired it on my car. The issue was ruptured diaphragm in the compressor. As it is not available anywhere, I bought a 1 mm thick rubber and cut it myself. It sustained for a year. I tried again in this spring, and if it again lasts just a year, I would replace the original compressor with an electric one. Dis/assembly of the original compressor is not a rocket science. The correctly working compressor must tick twice approx. every second, it is like feeling the heart of he car :-)

Regarding leaks, I would ask for an advice in a dealer shop, where they have experience with a pneumatic system equipped cars. My car keeps up for a day, so the leak is not urgent, and I did not focus on it yet. But I would appreciate advice on it as well, esp. what parts and where to get them.

Hope it helps, Jan

Old 08-02-2018, 06:31 AM
Default 72 Eldorado Automatic Leveling System

[QUOTE=AntM;55245]Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I recently aquired a 72 Eldorado convertible. In fairly descent shape. I would really like to get the automatic level control working. I think all of the parts are there. I was able to add air manually and the rear end came up a little, but leaked out. Is there someone on the forum that is familiar with this system ?
thanks

Thanks Jenyk. One of these days I will remove the compressor and check for leaks. I thionk that my next hurdle would be trying to find the correct air shocks.
I will keep you posted.