General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 EXT Radio programing

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Default 2005 EXT Radio programing

Greeting and thanks in advance. I just purchased a 05 EXT this week, already installed the 24's is looking good! But I did not get a radio book with the truck. It had the Bose Nav without the joystick. The issue I am having is when I tune a station I want to program into the soft key, I hold the key down and it dose remember the station, BUT it displays a word from the song playing from the RDS, how do I get the station number into in the key instead of the word?

Thanks again,

Dave

Old 08-30-2010, 01:31 PM

Setting Radio Station Presets
To set preset radio stations, do the following:
1. Press the power/volume **** to turn the audio and
navigation system on.
2. Press the BAND hard key to access the band menu
and select the desired band. You may choose
between AM, FM1, FM2, and XM1, and XM2
(if equipped).
3. Use the tuning **** or the SEEK hard key arrows
to select a station.
4. Touch and hold one of the six screen buttons at the
bottom of the screen until you hear a beep or see

the station displayed on the selected preset button.

This information comes from the manual for the navigation system that comes with the vehicle when new. I would suggest speaking with your local Cadillac dealership about getting a replacement manual. If this sounds exactly like what you are doing when setting your radio presets then I would suggest speaking with your local dealership about any possible issues there might be with the vehicle. I hope this information helps you. If you need any more information on how the system works or anything in general about the vehicle feel free to contact me through the forum.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 08-30-2010, 05:09 PM

I have an 05 CTS that seems to do the same thing he describes. Instead of displaying the radio station name or ID it displays part of the song title or artist name from the song that was playing when you shut the vehicle off. It doesn't happen for all the stations, so I assumed it was due to the information being sent by the radio station. I thought there might be a software issue but it's not really annoying enough to bring it to the dealer just for that.