Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

power seat programing

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Default power seat programing

Hi I am looking for some help with my 2003 deville. Somehow the programing for the exit feature (drivers power seat) has reversed itself. Instead of returning the drivers seat to the farthest back position the seat now moves towards the sterring wheel making it impossible for me to get out. After I shut off the car and open the door the seat automatically begins to move forward. I can only stop it by hitting one of the adjustments. How do I reset this feature? I can set the options for driver 1 and 2 but cannot figure out how the exit program got messed up. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Tech Certified Members

let the car know if your drv. 1 or drv 2. position the wheel, and seat to desired positions. press memory seat, and within 5 seconds press exit.... that should do it. ............ oh, sorry.....welcome to the forum.......how'd we do? keke.. hope to see ya 'round
rickyd

Last edited by rickyd; 06-15-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:14 AM

Hi Rickyd

thanks so much for the reply. Unfortunately I brought my bike this morinig to the office (and go figure I think it is going to rain). Anyways I will take your info and try to program the seat later.

While I am at it I have a few other questions about the 03. First off I am a victim of the northstar oil burner. (Bought the car from my father who babied the stupid thing) Of late I have taken to driving the crap out of her. Boy she sounds sweet when you wind it out. The WOT solution did not seem to be doing much of anything. I recently put some Seafoam additive into the crankcase as well as the gas tank. Has anyone else tried this? Good or bad? So far come to think of it I have not put any oil into her recently. Maybe good?!

Secondly when I tow my 'toy' trailer the service engine light always comes on. After I uncouple the trailer the light will go off after a number of starts. Any thoughts?

There is probably more but I will save some for later. Once again thanks for the help.

Last edited by tsalt; 06-16-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Certified Members

how many miles on the car? has coolant been exchanged lately? im not sure what your concern is "oil burner" all N*s will burn oil. mine at 107K mi will burn a quart at about 1500 mi, depending how much im into it. check this link and easy as she goes......... https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/...ead.php?t=2433 this is something you do only if the car is in good running condition, ie: tires, brakes, etc
rickyd

Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM

Hi Rick

once again thanks for the reply. My Deville has about 120000 kilometers on her (roughly 70000 miles?). I was putting in a quart of oil every two weeks about 250 kms worth of use. Thanks for the redirect. I have searched this concern before and this response matches what I have discovered. Guess I just have to keep trying the WOT's not that I am complaining. It is kind of fun to wind it out. By the way any idea how many horses this northstar puts out?

As for the service engine light I must admit I have not replaced the antifreeze since I bought the car. Given the low mileage I was not too concerned. Should I be?

cheers

Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Certified Members

yes coolant need be changed every 2 yrs for sure. if im thinking right the N* you are in has 275 HP.
it is very important the coolant be changed. if you have prev records, check to see.
any case CHANGE COOLANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
rickyd

Old 06-19-2009, 07:08 AM

Hi Rick I will check the coolant. Not sure when the previous owner changed it last or if he ever did.

I tried to reset the seat last night and no go. As soon as I hit the exit button the seat begins to move to the forward most position. Seeing I was playing about I decided to check driver 2. The exit program is correct here. The seat moves to the furthest back position. Any more thoughts? Do I need to get into the main programming features and reset the works? Or is this even possible?

cheers

Old 06-19-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Certified Members

no hit memory button first, then hit exit.......... this is of course after you have set the seat to where you want to exit...

Old 07-03-2009, 11:24 AM

Hi Rick

thanks for the help. I finally got the seat to operate properly...the last set of instructions clarified things nicely.

You recommend changing the antifreeze. Is there a particular type I should use?

Lastly the previous owner had their names programmed into the on dash display. Is there any way for me to change tis or delete it? There is nothing in the owners manual and I have been told it has to go to the dealer at a $100 plus...if I cannot do it myself I will have to live with the names. It is probably cheaper to legally change my name to match the car than to have it in to the dealership!

cheers

Old 07-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Certified Members

go figure to change your name being less !?! YOU COULD BE RIGHT

as far as coolant' we have a big ta-do by mr stealth in the FAQ section you might like to read..... in short, drain coolant, then replace with 50/50 dex cool, and distilled water. you are able to get thru GM parts counter a pre-pack of 5 tablets. they are for coolant additive..... crush two tabs into powder, and add to coolant. repeat every two years fo best results....

back to the name thing... im pretty sure that is a dealer thing... call your service manager and ask the cost.. its probobly less than a hundred...
rickyd