General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2004 STS suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Default 2004 STS suspension

Good morning all,

I have an 04 STS. There seems to be an issue with the magnetic ride / air assist suspension. I have not had any service lights. The car rides ok on smooth roads but any cracks or bumps on the road it hits like a dump truck. I have had the local tech put a snap-on diagnostic tool on and we can pump the shocks up and down manually. There appears to be no leaks on the lines and no loss of air when pumped up. I assume that the compressor has no issues as it blows up the shocks. The tool shows four sensors with identical values. No changes to the sensor values when pumping up or releasing air pressure from the shocks. It is like the sensors aren’t getting any messages to inflate or deflate. I’m in a pretty rural area and quite a distance to caddie dealer or access to more informed tech people. Any thoughts of what this could be? Is there some computer control box that may be the issue? I have checked the fuses which are fine. There is a relay in the fuse box but not sure if it is bad or not. Unsure how to check the relay for serviceability or not.

Ross