General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2000 DHS Overheating with AC on and on idling speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM

No worries Cadillacazaro, Let someone check and clean the whole cooling system It really helped the temperature in my case.

Thank You GMTECHS I tested and found a leak and replaced the left plastic side wall of the radiator, now the radiator shop guy checked the thermostat and said that the one i have will only open at higher temperatures and that was the cause of this overheating & I should buy the one that would open at lower temperatures in order to keep the car's temp normal. I'm trying to find such thermostat but couldn't till now (any suggestions? part # etc?)

Now the car doesn't has a thermostat and the temp has been very much better than before i.e the needle moves to the next mark but comes back to normal within 5-7 mins and this happens with AC on as well as with the AC off and at idle

I think this is happening because the fans wont start at the right temperature because the temp sensor is not getting the right signals.

Could it be the thermostat? I'm very happy to drive the car around because its not "overheating" like before :')

I'll still check the waterpump tensioner tomorrow and any suggestions on the thermostat part # or any details would be really appreciated.

Thanks