General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 seville

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Default 1999 seville

Hope someone can help here. I'm trying to help my sister figure out this problem on a 1999 seville. She said the lights inside an door dinger were dead so she replaced the battery. the lights an dinger came back but it did not start, no engine crank. now a couple days later no lights dinger nothing. which leads me to believe there is a short some where. Hoping someone here can give me a little knowledge on this, as where to the most common place is to look first,second,ect...Also will the theft system have any effect to this problem if so how do you reset to allow car to start. She is off work on Saturday so if I could get some of your leads might be helpful. I thought I would first have the put jumper on it to see if they get lights ,etc, charge the battery . second with jumper off see if they have any lights. If not have them check the terminals again,maybe put the key in run position an wiggle the battery cable ends under rear seat an under hood to see if that wakes up any lights buzzers. If they can get it started can you disconnect the neg cable while engine running to see if the alternator is operating properly ? I know we used to be able to on older autos. make sure it is in park good is another if they get battery back up. What about fuses? Okay that's all I can think of for now . Sorry I know it is alot of info but I cannot get down there to help her out an being a single mom an all I really hate to see her take it to a shop where they would probably really get in the pocket book. thanks for everything . Bob

Old 02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 1999 seville

Check condition of battery cables.