General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1996 Seville SLS overheating when driving over 40 mph and heater blowing cold air!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 07:09 PM

Now i think about it last time i refilled with coolant I didnt have the fans on max heat when refilling, and didnt ask sealent tabs are those needed?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:27 PM

any advice? noticed a small drops forming on bottom of engine and steam for about 30 seconds when I started after pressure test...any idea? Is it because I didnt put sealant tabs after last fluid exchange?

Old 03-07-2013, 05:10 AM

Could be. Since you have access to a pressure tester and you've seen steam out the exhaust try taking out all the spark plugs and pressure testing again for A few hours. Then crank the motor over and see if coolant spews out of any cylinders. That will tell you where the problem lies and where to look when you take it apart.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by proud american rider
Could be. Since you have access to a pressure tester and you've seen steam out the exhaust try taking out all the spark plugs and pressure testing again for A few hours. Then crank the motor over and see if coolant spews out of any cylinders. That will tell you where the problem lies and where to look when you take it apart.

how does this help me?

Old 03-08-2013, 05:12 AM

Since you stated that you have steam from the exhaust after pressure testing that tells me that there is an internal problem that needs to addressed. Doing the proceedure that I told you will make the diagnosis easier once you take it apart since you know which of the 8 cylinders is giving you the problem. You can , of course, try one of the many coolant stop leaks on the market and see if it helps, I just wouldn't consider this to be A perminent repair or the car one I'd rely on for A trip. I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear , sorry!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by proud american rider
Since you stated that you have steam from the exhaust after pressure testing that tells me that there is an internal problem that needs to addressed. Doing the proceedure that I told you will make the diagnosis easier once you take it apart since you know which of the 8 cylinders is giving you the problem. You can , of course, try one of the many coolant stop leaks on the market and see if it helps, I just wouldn't consider this to be A perminent repair or the car one I'd rely on for A trip. I'm sure thats not what you wanted to hear , sorry!
so it sounds like the head gasket is done or the block is cracked? and your telling me i can get some more miles out of it with a stop leak?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 AM

Its worth A try but no guarantees.