FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

escalade service tire monitor

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Default escalade service tire monitor

I have a "service tire monitor " message on the escalade '04. How can I reset it or service?

Old 04-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: escalade service tire monitor

apply the learn mode ?

the learn mode will cancel if:

if more then 2 minutes have passed and no sensors have been learned,
or if the PDM has been in learn mode for more than 5 minutes.
If the learn mode is canceled before any sensor has been learned,
the PDM will remember all current sensor Ids and their locations.
As soon as the fist sensor Id code is learned, all other Ids are erased from the PDM's memory.

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Apply the parking brake.

If the TPM learn mode cannot be enabled, ensure the TPM system
is enabled in the PDM. Refer to Control Module Setup .

3. Turn the exterior lamp switch from OFF to parking lamps 4 times within 4 seconds.
A double horn chirp will sound and the low tire pressure indicator will begin to flash
indicating the TPM learn mode has been enabled.

If a horn chirp does not sound after 35 seconds for any of the 4 sensors, turn the
ignition OFF to exit the learn mode and repeat the procedure from step 1.

4. Starting with the left front tire, hold the antenna of the controller against the tire sidewall close to the wheel rim at the valve stem location then press and release the activate button and wait for a horn chirp, or increase/decrease the tire pressure for 8-10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp may occur before the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached, or up to 30 seconds after the 8-10 second pressure increase/decrease time period has been reached.
5. After the horn chirp has sounded, proceed as in step 4 for the next 3 sensors in the following order:

1. Right front
2. Right rear
3. Left rear

6. After all sensors have been learned, exit the learn mode by turning OFF the ignition.
7. After the learn mode has been exited, adjust all tire pressures to the recommended kPa/psi.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 PM
Default RE: escalade service tire monitor

I did this but when I was decreasing the tire pressure on the first tire it did not sound the horn. In other tries it stop the process after sounding the second tire. But never when all tire before the flat tire indicator stop flashing. I did it within the the time specified. Is there any tool I can simulate the presuure loss or a programmer I can use for this purpose?

Old 05-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Default Service Tire Monitor- 06' Escalade

What is the controller that you are refering to in step 4?

Old 05-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Certified Members

Stealth's procedure is correct. You can also do the same thing without a special tool at each sensor/wheel. Enter learn mode as instructed then increase or decrease the air pressure in the left front tire for 8-10 sec(avg). But it can take up to 30-45 seconds. I usually just decrease the air since it's the safest way to do it. And follow the rest of Stealth's procedure. The horn will chirp each time you train a sensor.