FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

cadillac stalls, intermittent, eghosts / connectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 04:17 PM

p1599

Old 03-23-2011, 08:20 PM

ok have u replcae the crank sensors????
or
have u replaced the ignition module
u have a choice
or get a scan tool and look at live data then u can pin it down more

Old 03-24-2011, 05:37 AM

I have a ignition module coming today. See what happens. Thank you for your help. By the way it will be a used 1 cant see myself spending 350 for a new 1 to see if that is the problem.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:31 PM

Well just replaced ignition module took it down the road 2 miles and shut off. Pulled the dis fuse car ran for 2 mins and then stalled again. Im at my witts end with this car it only has 62k on it. The only code is p1599.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:27 PM

these vehicles are known for crank sensors
if u have a fuel pressure gauge drive with it hooked up
see if u r losing fuel pressure

Last edited by gmtechs; 03-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:11 PM

I cant keep it running long enough to check. Last time it stalled was this morning warming the car up. Left it in driveway took my truck to work came home 4hrs later and the car started,ran for about 3 mins and shut off again. So im leaning towards ckp sensor. Been doing alot of reading on this and i think you are right. Going to change sensors. Let you know the outcome. GRRRRRRRRRR

Old 03-29-2011, 06:13 AM

So far so good,been 3 days and still running. But it ran for 3 weeks straight after the first couple of incidents of stalling. Hope it was the crank sensors if not im running it off a cliff and collecting the insurance money!

Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by etbracket
So far so good,been 3 days and still running. But it ran for 3 weeks straight after the first couple of incidents of stalling. Hope it was the crank sensors if not im running it off a cliff and collecting the insurance money!
that was probly the first sign of the crank sensor going out. lol i hope you have better luck with your cady after this incident.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM

Well the car died once again on me at a traffic light this morning(not good). Got it running again pulling the fuse and then got to work. I had a little free time this morning dug deeper into the car and found a bad connection in the fuse panel for the injectors and the main hot lead for that fuse block. Repaired the wires and so far its running. Go figure!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Certified Members

man thats gota hurt the ego abit. i mean you spend money and think its fixed and it was a bad cennection. i hate when its something as little as that and it trickes you into thinking its a bigger problem.

ive went thru this crap with adodge neon blowing the fuel pump fuse and put in a new fuel pump and still kept blowin. come to find out it was the wire harness for the injectors and fuel system had rubed on the engine and wore untill the wire was exposed and was grounding out. well hope your troubles are over

Quick Reply: cadillac stalls, intermittent, eghosts / connectors ?