FAQ Frequenly Asked Technical Questions. This section is read only, and posts are made by the staff. If you have something to contribute contact any moderator.

cadillac stalls, intermittent, eghosts / connectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Default cadillac stalls, intermittent, eghosts / connectors ?

Hi im new here. I have a 99 deville and im having trouble with the car stalling. When it stalls i pull the ing 1 fuse out put it back in and the car fires back up but it will not stay running that long. I think that controls the electronic ignition module. Could that be going bad or is in my ecm? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 AM
Default Stalling......

Some things to check, full filter,temp.sensor connection or sensor,not sure if you have the idle air compensator solenoid on that model year, if you do that can cause stall. Crank sensors, ignition connections. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:42 AM

I dont think its a crank sensor there is no check engine light. When it starts and runs for about 5-10 min I hear a stumble right before it shuts off, then I'll either pull the ing 1 fuse or the dis fuse and it will fire back up. Im wondering if it is the ignition module or the ecm because the dis is the module fuse. Do not want to bring it to the dealer!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 PM

crank sensors dont always set engine codes
does the car run
when does it stall

Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 AM

Yes the car runs. Ive had it stall while driving. Pull the dis fuse for the ignition module and starts right back up. Very weird now car is running fine for the last few days.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:39 AM

Forgot to say i pulled all the connectors off the ignition module after writing first post and the car has been running fine dont know if its a fluke will see what happens.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by etbracket
Forgot to say i pulled all the connectors off the ignition module after writing first post and the car has been running fine dont know if its a fluke will see what happens.

sounds like a connector problem .. it may well return .. read e-ghots thread in our FAQ ...

did you apply dielectric to the connectors?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:31 AM

No i did not but i will put some grease on the connectors. There is one thing i dont understand is why when this was happening i would pull the dis fuse out and then put it back and the car would start. Hmmmm very confusing. Thank you for your help.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:55 AM

Put grease on connections worked fine for a couple of days but still have problems. Tested to see if i have power at the ignition module when this happens and i do then i pull the fuse for the dis put back in and the car starts. Im so confused why this is happening. Ignition module problems or ecm?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:44 PM

any codes ?

use the in car to check unless u have a tech 2

Quick Reply: cadillac stalls, intermittent, eghosts / connectors ?