Cadillac V Series This section is for discussion about the performance minded CTS-V, STS-V, and XLR-V.

Cadillac CTS-V and three kids

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
dmp
Default Cadillac CTS-V and three kids

Hello! Just browsing - My wife and I are considering a 3rd child, so researching the CTS-V as a car to serve a couple roles:

1) Fun for me. I'd drive the car to work and back daily. I enjoy having a car which, like the new CTS commercial says, 'turns me on' figuratively.
2) Seat 3 across the back. For road-trips to see the in-laws, her truck's 14mpg isn't very satisfying. And my car's 18-19mpg isn't worth the 'cramming the family into it'.
3) Getting better fuel economy than my current car would be a plus!
4) Did I mention fun to drive?

I haven't driven a V yet, but will start my test-drives as we get closer to deciding.

So - I'll be around, mostly-lurking. Great info so far!

====================

moderator edit:
title

Old 10-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Default RE: Hi - FNG here

Welcome to the Cadillac Forum!!!

Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Tech Certified Members

welcome dpm, lurk and have some fun here.....good people to assist in any way they can......again welcome
rickyd

Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Check the v series forum. We also have one or two guys from dealers that have good info on the 08 cts.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default CTS-V beat the vettes

can the back seat hold THREE child seats?

boy oh boy, are those kids going to have fun back there experiencing all those "G's"

I love the CTS-V, really, I do.
IT will beat maybe 95% of the Vettes on the road today.

Do take a look at the '08 CTS-V AWD ...
THAT is the car to have owned when you brag 20 years from now !

Old 10-24-2007, 07:41 AM
dmp
Default RE: CTS-V beat the vettes

Only ONE seat - by the time we have the other kid, our daughter will be out of any car seat, the son in just a booster...but the new baby.

The kids are fairly used to 'G's, though, as my RX8 does things which still surprise me after 4 years.

The 04-05 CTSV is the price-range I'm looking to spend...no 2008 for me. I'd have to 'make-do' I suppose.

Thanks for the welcome.

- Darin

Old 10-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: CTS-V beat the vettes BUT no kid room

Personally I'd say consider another car. I have three who are now high school and university age. The 86 Monte Carlo SS was fine with two little ones but number three prompted us to go big, in those days a Bonneville with way more room and a trunk to carry all of the accountrements that go with visitng Gradma and Grandpa. Nothing worse than kids cramped in the back, hard on Mom and the driver imo. Honestly you are better with an SUV but I understand why you'd say no to that. Finally we had to go that route.
Make a list of what is important to you, for me it was V8, 250 HP min, seats six, carries all of their luggage so pretty limited choices. You could consider the big Cadillac DTS too, close to 300 HP. I drive a Deville now and it can walk most muscle cars I ever owned including SS, Z28, Firebirds from back in the days.

Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
dmp

Thanks Katzmans - but there are things I probably didn't make clear. The V wouldn't be our 'famly car' - my wife has a Ford SuperCrew for 'hauling' duties. The reason to get the caddy is this - I'd like to have both vehicles in our household able to carry all of us, if need-be. That's the same reason I have an RX8 now, instead of what I 'really' wanted at the time, a S2000 or C5.

90% of the V's use would be carting my butt back and forth to work, with the occasional trip to Nana's for the kids once a month or so.

My list of 'likes' in a vehicle is this:

1) Fun to drive. Connects with me.
2) I want to park the car, walk about 10 feet and 'have' to look back at the car again.
3) Seats for the whole family when needed.
4) Better fuel economy than my 8 (~14-17mpg) is a plus.
5) Did I say fun to drive?

Old 10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Then youare on the right track. A young guy in my neighbourhood has a CTS - V, young means 30ish, that car throbs, silver silver silver paint. When he drives by the high school girls are dropping their........oh.... wait a minute you've got kids!

Old 10-24-2007, 01:09 PM
dmp

ORIGINAL: Katzmans Caddy

Then youare on the right track. A young guy in my neighbour has a CTS - V, young means 30ish, that car throbs, silver silver silver paint. When he drives by the high school girls are dropping their........oh.... wait a minute you've got kids!
lol Mine will be likely be silver, although finding the right deal is more important than colour - except black. No black. I've had a black car. For the 15 minutes a black car stays clean, it's beautiful. Otherwise, with the rain around here? Silver is my choice. FWIW, I'm 30-ish, too! Will be 35 in december.

Quick Reply: Cadillac CTS-V and three kids