Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Strange Noise From Pass Seat Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Default Strange Noise From Pass Seat Area

Iam The new owner of a 2006 STS AWD with Performance Group Pckg it bhas 29000 miles on it When iam driving it in city or highway I get this Flatulance sound coming from the front pass. side it is intermittent at times but it also happens Frequently please dont luagh at this question i dont know what to think

Old 02-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Strange Noise From Pass Seat Area

with what you have said its hard to guess that one.if you thing the noise isn't normal,your vehicle still has factory warranty. get it looked at.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:14 AM

Glad to hear somebody else experienced this. I just got my 06 STS fixed. The farting noise comes from the actuator that is running the air filtration system. If you have the climate control set to automatic, the system will change from fresh air to recirculated air depending on air purity. If you drive in traffic, whenever you are behind a bus or another car's tailpipe, the A/C will go to recirculate--and you will hear the fart---then when the air in front of the car clears, you will hear another fart when the system goes back to fresh air ventilation. My dealer found a service bulletin on it and they ordered the part and fixed it. Cadillac calls it a "groan" but it sure sounds like a fart. My car started doing it when my in-laws were visiting for Xmas. I thought it was them! Anyway, it's fixable.
good luck

Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluestreak

Glad to hear somebody else experienced this. I just got my 06 STS fixed. The farting noise comes from the actuator that is running the air filtration system. If you have the climate control set to automatic, the system will change from fresh air to recirculated air depending on air purity. If you drive in traffic, whenever you are behind a bus or another car's tailpipe, the A/C will go to recirculate--and you will hear the fart---then when the air in front of the car clears, you will hear another fart when the system goes back to fresh air ventilation. My dealer found a service bulletin on it and they ordered the part and fixed it. Cadillac calls it a "groan" but it sure sounds like a fart. My car started doing it when my in-laws were visiting for Xmas. I thought it was them! Anyway, it's fixable.
good luck
Thanks for that info. And thanks for my laugh for the day, that's a great story.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Tech Certified Members

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

ORIGINAL: bluestreak

good luck
Thanks for that info. And thanks for my laugh for the day, that's a great story.
lol lol.... G, your nuts....tx for the laugh!