Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

New 2007 STS problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Default New 2007 STS problems

New member here with a LONG 1st post. Sorry [&o]
Found the exact STS I built online at the Cadillac web site at a dealer in Texas. My local dealer supposedly couldn't get it for me so I contacted Texas dealer. We went through the whole buying process over the phone and internet. They delivered the car to my door (Louisiana) and it was exactly what my wife wanted. After signing papers and delivery guys left I went outside to "play" with the car. I found the SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM message on the screen. Went to manual and it said that this happens sometimes when the wheels are changed out and system not reset. This made sense because the dealer had upgraded wheels on the car that I did not want ($3000) so he put the factory wheels back on.
I brought the car in to the local dealer to get system reset and when the service writer was writing the ticket he looked at my wheels and said they did not have tire monitors because the wheels had rubber stems. OK
I went home, called the selling dealer, and he assured me they did. He said the wheels can have metal stems or rubber stems, made no difference. I also talked to the guy that supposedly did the wheel switch and he assured me the wheels did have the tire monitor systems. In fact, he said he knew exactly what the fix was and would call the local dealer to explain it to him. Something about the tire monitors that came on that model were known to go out for no reason and that Cadillac had sent new monitors to upgrade the ones on my model. I did not think to ask him why they just didn't change them out to start with but I guess if it "ain't broke" they don't fix it.
Meanwhile I take it back to my local dealer and they decide they're going to diagnose the problem themselves. Said the receiver in the door was probably the problem and would order the part. So, I take it back the third time when the part is in, sit in the waiting room for three hours to find out that the only guy that can work on it is tied up with another car. I guess payback for not buying the car there. Anyway I talk to the service manager (calmly I might add) and he apologizes and tells me to bring it in in the morning and the guy will get right on it. Bring it in the next morning and after four hours, new receiver installed, trying to reprogram the receiver/computer/monitors, talking to GM technicians on the phone, he still can't find the problem. Only one FOB will program but at least the car can still be driven/started with the one FOB he could get to program. The service guy and GM technicians decide that maybe the NEW receiver is bad and they order another one.
Take it in for the fifth time when new receiver arrives and after two days they still don't know what's wrong with it.
Right now I am at a loss. Any suggestions on a next step?? My ideas are
1. Calling the selling dealer and insist he pick up the car and return it when it is repaired or just cancel the whole deal. I'd hate to because like I said earlier the car is exactly what my wife and I wanted.
2. Contact Cadillac directly and talking to someone there about the problem??
Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Old 07-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New 2007 STS problems

IMO, a dealer deserves ONE chance to get on it and fix it, not a dozen chances
combined with wasting the buyer's time.

time to call Cadillac as they will make things right.
dont threaten, dont wait, just make the call.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

In Florida you have I believe 72 hours to back out of a NEW car deal. Don't know what your state law is. Additionally Florida has a lemon law, I believe 3 chances to fix the same problem. Flcaddytech will correct me if I'm off base a little.

Sorry to say but this is one of the reasons Americans are switching to Jap cars. BETTER SERVCIE AND TREATED LIKE HUMANS. I had a similar hassels with my new vette. At Lexus I'm treated like a king. At Chevy I was treated like a second class citizen.

I must say I've had better luck with Caddy dealership Service, but I know what you're going through is a bunch of bull****.

Good luck Bro.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Certified Members

the part that gets to me is that they threat you badly from the moment you inquire as to buying a new car.

yet, people still buy the car.

Old 07-22-2007, 11:02 PM

The local dealer didn't treat me badly when I was buying the car. They just said they couldn't get the car I wanted from the Texas dealer. Supposedly the reason was that I had a GM supplier discount. The "bad" treatment started when the local dealer HAD to work on it.
I will be getting in touch with Cadillac directly if this latest attempt to fix it fails.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Certified Members

WORKING IN A GM STORE OVER 30 YEARS....SOME GM DEALERS DON'T LIKE SUPPLIER BUYERS ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE IS A DEALER TRADE INVOLVED. (THEY WOULDN'T MAKE AS MUCH $$$) STUPID ASSES DON'T EVEN THINK OF MAKING A FRIEND...... AS MENTIONED EARLIER IN A POST CADDY WILL CORRECT THE PROBLEM. THE HOME TOWN DEALER IS GETTING YOU BACK...THERE, THINKING IS YOU ARE NOT THEIR CUSTOMER....STUPID ASSES, THEY DON'T THINK FAR ENOUGH THAT MAYBE THEY WILL SELL YOU SOMETHING IN THE FUTURE....AS STEALTH SAID, MAKE THE CALL TO CADDY. TURN EM IN. THEY DON'T LIKE THAT...... GOOD LUCK
RICKYD