Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Need help with wheel&tire size info

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Default Need help with wheel&tire size info

I have a 2005 STS and want to get rid of the noisy stock Mich-pilots. Does any one know what rim size I could move up to and what width tires could I safely use. Also The tire pressure sensor, how do I switch it over to the new wheels?. Thanks for your help.
Doug

Old 02-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Default RE: Need help with wheel&tire size info

The Tire pressure monitors simply are part of your valve stem. Remove the threaded retainer on the outside and the sensor will come off the inside of the rim. Keep in mind that each sensor is set up for that particular tire, meaning left front sensor should stay with the new left front rim. If for some reason you get them switch your dealer can relearn the TPM's for the correct tire. If you get them mixed up you could be reading the wrong tire. As for the rims the fronts are different then the backs. I don't know what rims you have but the fronts are not as wide as the rears. Good Luck

Old 10-18-2006, 05:37 PM
Default RE: Need help with wheel&tire size info

Hello Doug,

We offer specifically engineered wheels for your Cadillac STS/ STS-V, with +1 wheel sizes and custom offsets and finishes. Please call for pricing. We ship everything out mounted balanced, and the sensors are also installed in to the new rim with the correct tire pressure. Just take off your old rims and put on your new ones and drive off it's that simple. Please call if you have any questions.

Thank You,