Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

master window controller problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Default master window controller problem

i have a 97 sts with an electrical issue. i drove the car this morning and rolled down the drivers window using the switch. approx 10 minutes later i tried to roll the window up using the switch and nothing happened. i need the window up asap so i pulled the controller and i am wanting to jump the terminals with a paper clip. i need to know what terminals to jump. on one side there is red, brown, black. and the other side are two blues. (all these wires are on one connector)

there are two plugs that plug into the underneath of the master window controller the one that i explained above is directly under the two switches for the front windows.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
here is the wiring colors for the set below the two rear switches.there are 4 wires on one side of the plug order top to bottom
purple-heavy guage
peach heavy gauge
purple heavy guage
lt green heavy guage

on the right side of the same connector there is
light blue heavy guage
brown or black *cant tell* light guage
dark green heavy guage

ALL THESE WIRES ABOVE ARE ON THE SECOND CONNECTOR

can anyone tell me which terminals are the correct ones to get the window up?

Last edited by mpayton; 04-25-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: addition to explaination
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Certified Members

if you can exchange switch, try that.... ie take a working switch to work the one that isn't..... other, take and hold switch in up position while you slam/close door. sometimes this jars switch enough to get window up. as far as jumping. idk, sorry. ......maybe someone will jump in that knows
rickyd