Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

HELP NAME THIS PART ?? TROUBLE STARTING

Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Default HELP NAME THIS PART ?? TROUBLE STARTING

I HAVE A 95 CADILLAC STS, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T START RIGHT UP, IT TAKES AT LEAST 2 OR THREE TIMES TO GET IT TO START. I HAPPENED TO NOTICE THAT THE WIRE, COIL OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED IMMEDIATELY NEXT TO THE 4 COILS, WHICH SEND THE POWER TO THE SPARK PLUGS IS LITERALLY BURNING OFF. THE WIRE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COILS IS WRAPPED IN ELECTRICAL TAPE (PREVIOUS OWNER) IS THIS WHY IT'S NOT STARTING.... WHAT IS THAT WIRE CALLED CAN I BUY THIS PART OVER THE COUNTER SOME WHERE OR DOES THIS REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL REPAIR ???? PLEASE HELP THX- []

Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: HELP NAME THIS PART ?? TROUBLE STARTING

ORIGINAL: chocolate24

I HAVE A 95 CADILLAC STS, AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T START RIGHT UP, IT TAKES AT LEAST 2 OR THREE TIMES TO GET IT TO START. I HAPPENED TO NOTICE THAT THE WIRE, COIL OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED IMMEDIATELY NEXT TO THE 4 COILS, WHICH SEND THE POWER TO THE SPARK PLUGS IS LITERALLY BURNING OFF. THE WIRE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COILS IS WRAPPED IN ELECTRICAL TAPE (PREVIOUS OWNER) IS THIS WHY IT'S NOT STARTING.... WHAT IS THAT WIRE CALLED CAN I BUY THIS PART OVER THE COUNTER SOME WHERE OR DOES THIS REQUIRE PROFESSIONAL REPAIR ???? PLEASE HELP THX- []
if you are talking about the wires that go from the coils to the spark plugs, they are
called PRIMARY wires or spark plug wires.

there should be no breaks or anykind on these or your engine is going to see lots of problems.
if these are the ones, you buy a set for your car and install them .. not too hard if engine is cold.
but .. dont yank on them, they do break easy.

if i got it wrong, sorry .. but by your description, it sounds like these.

Old 03-16-2008, 05:22 AM
Default RE: HELP NAME THIS PART ?? TROUBLE STARTING

I agree with Stomper. If its the spark plug your talking about, better replace it with a new one, and I suggest you get a new ignition coil too. Try the Seville spark plug wires on your STS, besides STS was formetly a Seville, right?