Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Front End Creak

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Default Front End Creak

Last week my 07 STS with 5400 miles developed a very loud creak in the left front. Sounded like an old buggy going down the street. Front strut was replaced and an brake pad kit installed because the pads were rattling. However the creaking was still there. They determined it was a bad lower control arm. They ordered that and installed it on Thursday. The car has never rode so quiet and solid. A year ago it was the upper control arm that was relplaced whitch eliminated a bad rattle. The question I have is with the brake pads. Will this pad kit they installed permanantly eliminate a future rattling to occur or is this something that will return. The dealer really does a good job of taking care me. The pad issue was something the front suspension tech diagnosed on his own.

Eddiek

Old 08-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Front End Creak

ORIGINAL: Eddiek

Last week my 07 STS with 5400 miles developed a very loud creak in the left front. Sounded like an old buggy going down the street. Front strut was replaced and an brake pad kit installed because the pads were rattling. However the creaking was still there. They determined it was a bad lower control arm. They ordered that and installed it on Thursday. The car has never rode so quiet and solid. A year ago it was the upper control arm that was relplaced whitch eliminated a bad rattle. The question I have is with the brake pads. Will this pad kit they installed permanantly eliminate a future rattling to occur or is this something that will return. The dealer really does a good job of taking care me. The pad issue was something the front suspension tech diagnosed on his own.

Eddiek
That has got to be rare. Our cars should and often go 10 years, 150,000 miles before such thigns happen.
Something must have been off since the factory .. glad they took good care of you !