Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

front end shake

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Default front end shake

Dear all,

I have two Cadillac Sevilles one is an 03, and the other is an 04. Here is a question I have on my 03 Seville at 60 miles per hour the front end shake's ( just moderatly). I went to have my tires balanced and a front end aligned done by a Cadillac Dealer, but upon inspection I was told the alignment and balancing were fine. Has anyone other than myself had this problem, if so do you have any information to help figure out this mystery. It just seems crazy to spend over $50,000 on a car, and have the front end shimmy yet no one has any answers. ( good old Gm)

Thanks,
Tony

Old 05-13-2005, 04:54 PM
Administrator
Default RE: front end shake

is it still under warranty? i would make a big stink about this...there is no reason that car should do that...there HAS to be an issue...possible a bad tire?

Old 05-14-2005, 04:39 PM

Tony,
Do you have Vogue tyres on your car if so then there's your problem. Sounds like tread separation to me. Pretty common.

Also if you have aftermkt wheels? check them also!

Old 05-16-2005, 06:51 PM

Hey guy's

Thanks for the info, the tires are brand new and their not vogue tires their goodyear integreties. The caddillac dealer inspected all four tires, and found no tread wear or seperation. According to Cadillac it's a mystery, the only mystery I see is their $56,000 price tag and I was dumb enough to pay it not once but twice. The oddest part is that I 've owned cadillacs since 1993 and never had this problem. Thanks again but I think my next car will be a Mercedes ( ha....ha....)

Have a good week,
Tony

Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Administrator

tony, get ahold of a regional director, or someone in the cadillac mgmt...blow up on them...go over the dealers head.

Old 05-17-2005, 07:17 PM

Dear Patrick,

I appreciate the help, I called Gm and they stated this was unheard of ( Ya....right) but their sending an Engineer out to take a look at it this problem. The weird part about this, is that a friend of mine who is a Gm mechanic stated this problem has been around since 2001 but Gm wasn't willing to spend the money on a recall regarding tie rod ends. Honestly this will be the last Cadillac I'll buy their quality is not worth a $50,000 to $56,000 price tag.

Thanks again,
Tony

Old 05-18-2005, 01:06 PM
Administrator

well, keep us posted on what comes of the engineer!

Old 05-18-2005, 02:29 PM

Patrick,

The Cadillac dealer called me this morning, the tie rod ends loosened up.( what a surprise) This morning I received a call from Gm and they apologized and stated they will replace the tie rod ends for free. When I pushed the issue their response was we have no engineering reason why this would happen. ( Ya....right) Patrick I would like thank you and Ed for the input at least we all now know what caused this problem.

Thanks Again,
Tony

Old 05-25-2005, 07:32 PM
Administrator

that is very odd....has the car had any front end service done it in prior to this problem?? and has it gone away since then?

Old 05-27-2005, 01:33 PM

Dear Patrick,

The front end had no issues, prior to the tie rod ends being replaced. Since the replacements the car still shakes a little bit at around 65 miles per hour, but according to the dealer and the GM engineer everything is normal. They even re-aligned the front end, re-balanced the tires, and checked the rims to insure they weren't bent. Heres my synopsis it's a GM and their poor quality speaks volumes, to bad their prices aren't as low as their quality.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend,
Tony

Quick Reply: front end shake