Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

electric issues e-ghosts...rear integration module, (RIM)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: Cadillac GM electric issues e-ghosts...all over

Does car still has the flu?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Certified Members

slowroll..... YES.....and its getting worse.......just got back last night from 900 mi trip, and the GREMLINS were at it big time......this is a new one, the radio, and drv dr back lights are increasing, and decreasing intermittently, among many other things.....the car goes down the road brand new...powertrain is 110%....it the electrics inside..... im trying to get it into vinny, GM DELCO certified......but our schedules aren't working, so i'll do what ever the Forum guides me to do........what say you, slowroll?

Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Certified Members

Sorry to here car is stll ill, I suggest check both G200 and G201, they are buss bar type grounds.Peel plastic box open and look for corrosion. Being you have all these suspension codes, you could have that system checked first or unplug module when it happens again, if it clears up it could be the cause. U codes are caused when modules are not talking and any one of them could be the cause.It can like when your kids are all fighting, and you're trying find out who started it. Its not always the obvious one.Hope it helps

Old 10-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Tech Certified Members

Oh, by the way G200 and 201 are on both A pillars behind step mouldings, thought you may want to know.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:14 PM
Tech Certified Members

those are the ones that i cant find....... tell me exactly where they are, please....... you say peel plastic box open?.....A. piller?......buzz bar type grounds?.....give me a little more info..... as to where they are.......are they in a plastic box?
thanks slowroll......
rickyd

Old 10-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Certified Members

ya know.......? after thinking 'bout this a little, and with all you guys pipeing in to help......BUZZ BOX......... why didn't i look in the buzz box?.......well, found and took apart buzz box for grounds 4,5,7,8,9,12, and15...... (couldn't find grounds 2,3, and 6)........took 20mi run, and no Gremlins!!! i don't want to say that to loud, the sts is right out side, and might hear me....lol....... we'll see......again THANKS to everyone, stealth, gary, katz, slowroll, and all.... lets hope the Gremlins are gone, and on their way to Halloween.
rickyd

Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Certified Members

there back [sm=WTFsgign.gif].......................... oh well back to ghost chasing........................

Old 10-18-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: GM and Cadillac electric issues e-ghosts ... all over ...

ORIGINAL: rickyd

thanks Stomper............. sorry, just don't know where computers are........ i think there are two.........let me guess????? under dash(somewhere), and under rear seat???? how'd i do?
rickyd
with the help of one of our friends, i am still working the 300 series grounds/ buzz box..... i think your the one that said "all can be done in a day, with the right lights, and TINY LITTLE hands. i found where they ground bolted, but i can't get my hands on the buzz box to clean....will have to take seats out.....WHERE are the computers on this car please? also where is ground 306? (the only one i cant find) thanks to all
rickyd

Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Certified Members

JUST AN UP DATE......GOT TO GROUND/BUZZ BOX 300 TODAY (ALL LOOKED EXTRA CLEAN), GOING TO TACKLE GROUNDS 302, AND 306 TOMORROW......THAT WILL FINISH ALL GROUNDS..... SLOWROLL HAS SUGGESTED THE RIM, AND THAT MAKES SENSE TO ME.......SO IF ALL GROUNDS ARE GOOD THAT IS NEXT..... I HAVE FOUND A RIM FOR $215.00 (does that seem reasonable?)......I'LL INSTALL IT MYSELF......IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I SHOULD KNOW, OR DO WITH THIS INSTALLATION?...... OR DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A CHECK OR A TEST FOR THIS RIM?
THANKS...............
rickyd

Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Certified Members

With a GM tech 2 when condition is occurring look for the non communicating or missing module.

Quick Reply: electric issues e-ghosts...rear integration module, (RIM)