Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

A/C Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Question A/C Problem

I have a new to me 2000 STS. I have read where there is a problem with the passenger side A/C is cold and driver is hot, I HAVE THE REVERSE. My drivers side is real cold and the passenger side is HOT. I have added freon but no change. Of course wife is upset because it is her side that is hot. ANy help woulkd be great. Thanks

Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Certified Members

Passenger side air temp actuator is the likely cause.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:20 PM

Check your on-board diagnostic trouble codes for B1332, B1333, B1340, B1341, or other B series codes. They can be helpful in diagnosing whether the problem is with actuator or with a temperature sensor.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 AM
Default thanks

I will check for codes. Where is the passenger side arm actuator? Just trying to save some money and see if I can replace it my self. Thanks

Old 05-02-2010, 03:47 PM

The lower right air temperature actuator is in the passenger compartment behind the glove box, toward the front of the car from dash integration module, there are two actuators in this area, one on either side of the blower motor control processor. They look similar. The one to the left of the processor is the lower right side air temperature actuator. The one to the right of the processor is the recirculation actuator.

The lower left air temperature actuator is behind the left side closeout sound insulator panel under the center of the dash.

One of the lower actuators is a likely culprit, however, there are other possible causes to your heating problem. The codes will help confirm the problem.

Last edited by 2001_Seville_SLS; 05-02-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Default codes

I checked the DTC and only had 2 codes current P1860 which I know is the Torque Converter sol which needs to be replaced, also C0584 current and C0582 History. Right front sol circuit low is history, current is open. I have no idea what these are.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 PM

Your codes are not related to your climate control problem. It is probably easiest to just remove the actuators and see if they operate correctly. Check to make the door moves freely when the actuator is removed.

I fixed the P1860 code on my car and posted a detailed description of the procedure on this site. The repair is easy but it takes all day. I wouldn't mind helping you if you are near Seattle.

The C0582 and C0584 codes are related to the struts. If you are inclined, you can perform a few tests on the strut system without requiring a scan tool.
1. Disconnect the strut actuator connector and test the resistance at the strut for a value between 9.5 - 15.5 ohms.
2. With the ignition on and the car not running test the damper drive circuit for power.
3. Test the damper control circuit for an open, short to voltage, or short to ground.
4. Inspect for a poor connection at the actuator.
5. Inspect for a poor connection at the CVRSS module.

I am not sure what you meant by the right front sol circuit is history, current is open comment.

Old 05-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Default A/C problem

c0584 is the current code and c0582 is in the history. I did find out that the shocks were replaced with non air shocks so I think that is part of those codes/ Does anyone have a picture of what the actuators look like so I know what I am looking for? Can you also send me the fix for the torque converter sol. I live in CT so thanks for the offer but all the way cross country, don't think the car would make it. Thanks for the offer.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Default Torque Converter Solenoid Replacement

Here is the method to replace the TCC solenoid with the transaxle in the car:
https://www.cadillacforum.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10635

Old 05-10-2010, 11:39 PM
Default Strut Codes

If the struts were replaced with non air shocks, there should be a resistor added to the wiring which will stop the codes. Attached is an example of a suncore resistor. Your strut wiring should be connected to something like it. If it were my car, I would replace them with OEM struts to restore the ride.

Attached Images