Cadillac STS The newest installation of the performance sedan from Cadillac, having replaced the Seville

Aux Input???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Default Aux Input???

Hey guys,

New to the forum. I have an 06 STS with Nav. I had an aftermarket Sirius receiver in my last car, and because it looked like crap, I was hoping to find an adapter that would allow the XM equipment to receive the Sirius signal over the stock radio in the Caddy. I am told that this does not exist. Fine. Plan B consists of hiding the receiver somewhere and plugging it into an Aux input into the stereo somewhere...anyone know if there is an aux input on the nav radio? Anyone else have my problem? I've been without Stern for a few weeks now, and its driving me nuts. I REALLY don't want to have to go to plan C......

Also, in a semi related topic....I also have the heated steering wheel and its button looks like it took the place of the radio preset button on the wheel. Is there a way around this without having to go through the Voice system?

Thanks for any help you have to give....

Nuts

Old 08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Default RE: Aux Input???

I've been listening to Sirius and I love the way they divide the music genre. It makes sense and they play good music. I tried XM and didn't like it. Although my truck is XM equipped, I don't subscribe. I have always hated how the Sirius/XM receivers looked in a car, and also wanted Sirius to come through my stock navigation unit also, using the stock XM antenna. I was told this does not exist as well.

Well, yesterday I stumbled upon a website that described how to get Sirius on late model GM cars. You can go to Crutchfield.com, and do a search for "SIR-GM1", and that will allow Sirius to run through your stock stereo. There were additional sites to get you stock XM antenna to work with the Sirius satellite. That was www.siriusbackstage.com.

I'll be trying this as soon as I can get to a decent stereo shop. Let me know how it works.