Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

SRX testimonial

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Default SRX testimonial

I never in my life aspired to own a Cadillac. In fact, I have had a 30+ year relationship with BMW. In March of this year, my wife decided he wanted a tall station wagon (my term). Since it was to be her car, I asked her to go look around and test drive cars that appealed to her. A few weeks later she announced that she had shortened her list to include one Japanese luxury brand and the Cadillac SRX, of all things!

Knowing better than to express my opinion, I said, "Dear, you decide as you will be the one taking the car in for service, etc., etc."

A couple more days passed and she told me she had decided on th SRX V8 because it has more omph than the other car. It was only after we bought the car that I drove it and I must tell you that it is a surprisingly competent vehicle. We have had it for about 6 months and have already made a couple trips and put about 17,000 miles on the odometer. The car hasn't burped once and handles better than the X5 which is the only other SUV/SAV that I have experience driving. It has the magnetic ride control and handles like a low slung sedan instead of a truck. Gets excellent fuel mileage too! I don't know if ours is unique or if Cadillac Division has gotten it's act together.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: SRX testimonial

ORIGINAL: ben721364

I never in my life aspired to own a Cadillac. In fact, I have had a 30+ year relationship with BMW. In March of this year, my wife decided he wanted a tall station wagon (my term). Since it was to be her car, I asked her to go look around and test drive cars that appealed to her. A few weeks later she announced that she had shortened her list to include one Japanese luxury brand and the Cadillac SRX, of all things!

Knowing better than to express my opinion, I said, "Dear, you decide as you will be the one taking the car in for service, etc., etc."

A couple more days passed and she told me she had decided on th SRX V8 because it has more omph than the other car. It was only after we bought the car that I drove it and I must tell you that it is a surprisingly competent vehicle. We have had it for about 6 months and have already made a couple trips and put about 17,000 miles on the odometer. The car hasn't burped once and handles better than the X5 which is the only other SUV/SAV that I have experience driving. It has the magnetic ride control and handles like a low slung sedan instead of a truck. Gets excellent fuel mileage too! I don't know if ours is unique or if Cadillac Division has gotten it's act together.
Many of us believe that Cadillac is back.

Take a look CTS or a STS or if you are into performance, the same cars, in the "V" series.

It is of my personal opinion that the 2008+ CTS-V AWD will be the car to own, and will be the car to have owned when talking memory lane a decade from now about the muscle car of this decade.

Now,
lets hope the unions do go out to break the Corp ..
lets hope the Gov stays out of their pants.
I am not anti-union, but for Pete's sake, lets me smart about things.

GM's Chev will also have the Vette C6 and later the C7 to hyper jump into the "Super-car" market, but the '08 CTS-V will probably be out before the Vette and does offer the AWD..

Old 10-22-2007, 07:26 PM
Default RE: SRX testimonial

My 2007 SRX may be unique, but I have had someminor problems. The rear differential leaked oil from the vent tube.Cadillac replaced the rear differential. Front pinion seal leak. Repaired that. Transmission noise. Replaced the transmission mount. Other minor interior issues. All fixed. Great service. Still love the car.