Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

golf clubs and the SRX

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Default golf clubs and the SRX

For a recent golf outing we decided to take my SRX. What a surprise when we attempted to load four sets of clubs in the rear cargo area. After a struggle, we wound up with one bag diagonal with two bags in sideways leaning against the glass, and one between the rear seat passengers. It is unreal to me that this SUV doesn't swallow the golf bags as well as some other smaller SUVs.
As it turns out there is a solution to this dilemma. The back seats can be moved forward by lifting the seat adjustment lever located in front of each seat. Simply move the seat forward a short distance and your bag will slide in clubs first toward the seat back. It might be necessary to adjust the front seats somewhat to allow for more leg room for your rear passengers. Lower the back hatch and you are on your way!

Old 06-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: golf clubs and the SRX

That is a bit of a surprise. Better to adjust the seats then to buy an escalade.......LOL.........

Old 06-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Certified Members

I think I could get 4 sets of clubs in the Allante - but that would just be silly - it is a 2 seater - more clubs than players...

Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

That is a bit of a surprise. Better to adjust the seats then to buy an escalade.......LOL.........
It was a surprise to me also. I would have thought that the bags could have gone in horizontally. However, with the space taken up by the third seat arm rests, it isn't wide enough. I have also found that removing the driver and placing it beside the bag will give you a few precious inches also.
Foxpaws, I can relate to the space in the Allante. I previously owned a C6 Corvette and it would swallow two cart bags with room to spare.