Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Cue screen spider webbing

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Reporting very same problem for my 2014 SRX. I live in the northeast and I purchased this vehicle new. About a year ago, I noticed what I thought was a small scratch in the very top left corner of the screen, but it appeared to be internal. At first, I thought it was something that I may have missed at vehicle delivery so I never reported it. This winter (no heat!), I noticed that the spider web pattern has slowly started to develop. The screen is still responding to touch, but I am worried it will only get worse over time. Unfortunately, I have relocated from the state where I purchased the vehicle, so I have been forced to take it to a different dealer to look at. They indicate it is not covered under warranty (also unfortunate since I am now over mileage for bumper-bumper coverage) and are providing me with a quote. Have any of you who have reported this problem here received any type of response or assistance from 'Cadillac Customer Care'? I see no way to send a private message through CadillacForum, so I am wondering if these messages are just going into a 'black hole'...!

Old 03-14-2018, 01:52 AM

We regret to hear of your concerns with your CUE screen on your 2014 SRX. We are here to help the best we can and review vehicle concerns on a case-by-case basis. We would like an opportunity to address your situation further. Please send us an e-mail at socialmedia@gm.com "ATTN: Kell" and we'll be able to assist you further. We look forward to your response there.

Kell S.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 PM

I've read about several problems that keep popping up on these cars. One was condensation in the R. headlight and guess what? The first time it rains in Los Angeles in 3 years and I get water in the headlight and the lamp goes out! Maybe some preventive maintenance like caulking the lens would have helped? Now I'm wondering about this screen... Do you people use the touch feature a lot? Do you have kids that may not be as delicate as they should be? Why do you think this happened, am I next?

Old 03-23-2018, 02:29 PM

Thing to remember about a CPO Cadillac is that the 6 year warranty / 100,000 mi. is from the original purchase date of the car from the previous owner .
Ex. , I bought a 2016 SRX Premium and since it was originally leased for 1.5 years all I get for the CPO program is 4.5 years B2B . Not complaining , but people really need to read that good ol' fine print .

Old 04-19-2018, 07:38 PM
Default CUE issue - cracked on the first hot day

2014 CUE system, it was replaced under warranty in 2015. Now it cracks and dealership discount repairs to $1200. I don’t feel like I have to pay anything for the defective CUE. This is a luxury car I paid 90K. Why do I have to pay 1200-1800$ every next year for the factory defective CUE ????

Cadillac went downhill in quality a HUGE deal last years.

CUE must be recalled ! Any help or suggestion how we can have a law-suite against GM is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Unhappy CUE SCREEN LIFTING- looks like spider web

I have 2016 ATS 3.6, 21000 miles, never toughed screen but for finder tips. Regarding "cracks", Its not cracks on mine-. The touch Screen is likely lifting off the display. This happened on first warm day over 80f in NY while parked. The lines are smooth and rounded at ends when one looks close-not actual cracks in glass or plastic. Touch screens are mounted on top of display-likely use glues. Called dealer but sadly they need to SEE it first. Then remove it, inspect, then order it. Not happy this will cost excess time, best be under warranty. 100% sure this is defective mounting or materials. My first Cadi-lets see how this goes.

Update: 5-7-18 The dealer service mgr kindly called back today and said they didn't need to see my CUE screen. But they also said they needed to order one since they are out of screens. Likely this is a well known defect, and they cant keep the screens in stock. Still hope they don't send me a bill after the work, and I hope they don't install another defect waiting to happen. A service bulletin should explain this, so were is one? Heat, time, and bend seems to influence these radial lines in the back screen glue. I have 1 yr left to initial warranty.
Spider web lifting of CUE screen-after 1 warm day in NY (not warm like FLA)

Last edited by my3sons; 05-07-2018 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 05-03-2018, 09:05 AM
Default CUE screen cracks

My ATS is 2014 with 49,000 miles. I bought it new. Had small patch of lines/cracks since last fall in upper right corner. Parked car in garage since last week unused and now screen is about 50% covered with lines. Seems like a real issue with other owners so clearly a defect. Appointment next week with my dealer in Connecticut. Need to know Cadillac will do the right thing and replace/repair.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by panzar5
My ATS is 2014 with 49,000 miles. I bought it new. Had small patch of lines/cracks since last fall in upper right corner. Parked car in garage since last week unused and now screen is about 50% covered with lines. Seems like a real issue with other owners so clearly a defect. Appointment next week with my dealer in Connecticut. Need to know Cadillac will do the right thing and replace/repair.
I hope you get this taken care of under warranty... And I hope others get any/all of their repairs done before warranties run out, I know how you can put things off and miss the cut-off dates. Good luck! And if you live in CA make sure your headlamps don't leak!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Bottom left screen crack
Need guidance. A couple of hours ago a spider web type crack appeared on the bottom left side of my 2016 CTS4 CUE screen. The damage is not the result of an impact what so ever and I am at a loss for words. I bought the vehicle new and at the time of purchase the original CUE screen was similarly damaged but I was told that it had been cracked. I waited for the replacement screen to arrive for some time, due to back order. The current CUE screen is less than one year old. I suspect that the screens have some sort of defect. At the same time; when I got in the car and notice damaged screen the internal temprature read 103°, perhaps it is heat related. Please advise accordingly as the dealer is closed today and I was hoping for prompt attention to the matter.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by umarica; 05-06-2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Added picture of damaged screen
Old 05-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Unhappy Cadillac SRX 2015 Cue Spider Webbing

I came out to my vehicle this morning to find my cue has spider webbed. I called the dealership and they cannot tell me if it will be covered with my extended bumper to bumper warranty. Seems to me to be a defeat and my husband and I was looking into purchasing his first Cadillac. Think I will wait to see what happens with this. I also asked if there was any recalls on the cue, and of course there isn't at this time. I see all the complaints and it sickens me to think we pay all this money for a vehicle that in my opinion has a defect with the cue, and no recalls.

I will update everyone after my appointment this afternoon.

Rebecca

Last edited by Rwilliams; 05-10-2018 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Update:

Quick Reply: Cue screen spider webbing