Cue screen spider webbing - Page 4 - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

Old 02-20-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service View Post
Hi Jim,

I'm very sorry to hear about these cracks in your CUE screen. Were you able to get this repaired by your local dealership? If you are still in need of assistance, please send us a private message; we would be happy to help.

Ashley R.
Cadillac Customer Care
Reporting very same problem for my 2014 SRX. I live in the northeast and I purchased this vehicle new. About a year ago, I noticed what I thought was a small scratch in the very top left corner of the screen, but it appeared to be internal. At first, I thought it was something that I may have missed at vehicle delivery so I never reported it. This winter (no heat!), I noticed that the spider web pattern has slowly started to develop. The screen is still responding to touch, but I am worried it will only get worse over time. Unfortunately, I have relocated from the state where I purchased the vehicle, so I have been forced to take it to a different dealer to look at. They indicate it is not covered under warranty (also unfortunate since I am now over mileage for bumper-bumper coverage) and are providing me with a quote. Have any of you who have reported this problem here received any type of response or assistance from 'Cadillac Customer Care'? I see no way to send a private message through CadillacForum, so I am wondering if these messages are just going into a 'black hole'...!
Old 03-14-2018, 01:52 AM

We regret to hear of your concerns with your CUE screen on your 2014 SRX. We are here to help the best we can and review vehicle concerns on a case-by-case basis. We would like an opportunity to address your situation further. Please send us an e-mail at [email protected] "ATTN: Kell" and we'll be able to assist you further. We look forward to your response there.

Kell S.
Cadillac Customer Care
Old 03-18-2018, 12:51 PM

I've read about several problems that keep popping up on these cars. One was condensation in the R. headlight and guess what? The first time it rains in Los Angeles in 3 years and I get water in the headlight and the lamp goes out! Maybe some preventive maintenance like caulking the lens would have helped? Now I'm wondering about this screen... Do you people use the touch feature a lot? Do you have kids that may not be as delicate as they should be? Why do you think this happened, am I next?
Old 03-23-2018, 02:29 PM

Thing to remember about a CPO Cadillac is that the 6 year warranty / 100,000 mi. is from the original purchase date of the car from the previous owner .
Ex. , I bought a 2016 SRX Premium and since it was originally leased for 1.5 years all I get for the CPO program is 4.5 years B2B . Not complaining , but people really need to read that good ol' fine print .
Old 04-19-2018, 07:38 PM

Default CUE issue - cracked on the first hot day

2014 CUE system, it was replaced under warranty in 2015. Now it cracks and dealership discount repairs to $1200. I don’t feel like I have to pay anything for the defective CUE. This is a luxury car I paid 90K. Why do I have to pay 1200-1800$ every next year for the factory defective CUE ????

Cadillac went downhill in quality a HUGE deal last years.

CUE must be recalled ! Any help or suggestion how we can have a law-suite against GM is greatly appreciated.