Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

2nd generation SRX isssue

Old 02-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Default 2nd generation SRX isssue

Hello all!
Original owner, 2014 SRX.
Instrument cluster issue. Replaced the CUE, spider web cracks.
Now the cluster. Erratic speed indicator and lights flickering. Went to the dealer. They tell me, need new cluster. OK, how much. Forget that I said.
Went on ebay, did some research after going to an independent Cadliiac repair shop.
Ordered a replacement cluster. It was programmed with the VIN and miles. Was mailed to the repair shop. Shop installed it. All works fine save the trip meter and odometer not showing miles. Shop has the correct equipment to program/pair the cluster to the vehicle.
Went to the dealer, tells me, can't help...don't work with parts purchased elsewhere.
Went to another repair shop who tells me, we can program it. Long story short, nope.
So, I'm just spending money needlessly.
I called the company who I bought the cluster from, they exchanged it, same issues. Seller tells me, we tested it before sending it to you and it displayed the correct miles, trip meter worked, etc.
I am at a lost as is the repair shops.
Any suggestions?
The odometer is not displaying miles and the trip meter not displaying. All other functions working correctly.