Cadillac SRX The SRX offers the versatility of a mid-size sport utility vehicle with a sports car feel

2014 SRX extended warranty is it worth it

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:49 PM
Default 2014 SRX extended warranty is it worth it

got a dealer quote for 2950 for 48 month

is it worth it?

thanks

Old 06-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Tech Certified Members

The car should have 4 yr 48 k mile bumper to bumper + a 5yr 60kor 100k powertrain warranty from factory. Extended warranties work on coverage you want it to cover everything. paying normal shop labor rates, and MSRP for parts. There are companies that won't. leaving you to pay difference. I call them supplemental policies. The best warranty would be a GMPP Major Guard which is available until car goes out of base warranty. Unless car is bought at a GM dealer used and there are some provisions. GMPP drop car off at gm dealer pay deductible and you done, no extra bs. If that is not an option there is a lot of competition in the auto warranty business. the warranties are black and white. There is no gray if it says it covered it is. if it is not listed of covered items, its not covered. Internally lubricated parts is a waste of money, it doesn't cover leaks. There are plenty of people who will say extended warranties are a rip off they are also the ones who cry the loudest when there car breaks shortly after warranty expires. They are also the ones who buy cars out of warranty because they got a great deal for the car to break within a few months. I would try to have warranty until it's paid for. I don't want to have payments and repair expenses.

Old 10-01-2017, 01:53 PM

I'd say it all depends on millage, I've had problems with trans control mod, fuel pump, ft bushings and any handful of elect sensors starting around 75k When you figure it incredibly exorbitant cost for repairs you could get that money back real soon. Another thing to be weary of is if the company is legit, many deny claims...