Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

RAPIE Module Replaced, No RAP function

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 PM
Default RAPIE Module Replaced, No RAP function

The Car: 1992 Seville, 4.9L PFI

Below I have pasted a copy of a TSB issued for my Seville. It was experiencing this problem and so I replaced the RAPIE module with the one listed. This has fixed the flashing interior light/battery drain problem but now I have absolutely no RAP function. When turning the key to off, all systems shut down like an old non-RAP car would. All items function normally when the car is running. Placing the ignition switch into ACC also powers everything normally. All I did for this fix was unplug the old module and plug in the "new" one I got from a junkyard. What did I do wrong? Or is part of the "fix" the new module incorporates is to just disable RAP function? I'd like RAP to be functional.

----BEGIN TSB----
SUBJECT:
INTERIOR LIGHTS CYCLE ON/OFF OR INOPERATIVE ILLUMINATED ENTRY

MODELS AFFECTED:
1992 ELDORADOS AND SEVILLES

This bulletin supersedes Service bulletins T-92-3 and T-92-115 which should be discarded. This bulletin is being revised to correct one of the Labor Operations
The 1992 Eldorados and Sevilles built before the VIN breakpoint and equipped with the first generation RAPIE module listed below, will continuously turn on the interior lights for a timed cycle, turn them off, and then back on if the door handle/RKE input is shorted to ground causing a discharged battery.
The 1992 Eldorados and Sevilles built after the VIN breakpoint or equipped with the second generation RAPIE module listed below, will disable the illuminated entry feature if the door handle/RKE input is shorted continuously to ground.
VIN Breakpoint
Eldorado .............. 608125Seville ................ 810997
RAPIE P/N
2nd Generation ........... 12135007
Parts are currently available from GMSPO.
To diagnose these conditions check for a short to ground at the RAPIE module terminal A7. Refer to Service Information Manual Section 8A-114 for circuit diagram, and Section 8A-201-32, Figure A for component location. The short to ground may be caused by a shorted door handle switch (P/N 16626131), malfunctioning RKE module, or circuit 157.
----END TSB----