Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

Need advice on buying a 99 Seville STS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Certified Members

ok ok ok...... i stand corrected, lol..... JC..... i had this same conversation with someone else. and now that it comes from the great Mr Stealth. i still say bull poop..............engine are gas,.......and motors are electric........ motor city? they were all drunk then and probobly untill a month or so ago they still were. (if you know what i mean).....lol
rick

ya got me........... :-)

Last edited by rickyd; 06-05-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:10 AM

UPDATE: I called the dealer on Friday and they have determined that the engine (or motor, whatever you prefer) is not salvageable. The heads were probably warped beyond repair. So, he has ordered another engine/motor which will be in on Monday and hopefully I'll go pick the car up a couple days later...I will get the specifics on the new/used engine/motor they are dropping in....
Take care and keep in touch!!

Old 06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Certified Members

i believe somwhere in the forum is a thread saying that is probobly the wiser of the two solutions when ya got a bad ticker....... gee, try and get as much info on the replacement as you can. good luck dude, keep us posted......k?
rickyd

N8tP... check your private messages.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by N8tP
UPDATE: I called the dealer on Friday and they have determined that the

1. engine (or motor, whatever you prefer) is not salvageable.

2. The heads were probably warped beyond repair.

So, he has ordered another engine/motor which will be in on Monday and hopefully I'll go pick the car up a couple days later...I will get the specifics on the new/used engine/motor they are dropping in....
Take care and keep in touch!!

1. Translation: The cost of repair much MUCH higher than a salvage engine. So you know, I would do the same thing. I'm sure they will test that salvage engine and you will be better off with that decision.

2. Doubt it .. No one I know, has ever seen a Northstar warped head ...

Old 06-22-2009, 07:52 AM

LAST and FINAL UPDATE: Long story short the dealer installed the new motor and it too was believed to have a blown head gasket. I ask and recieved the refund on my deposit and began the search again. After two days of searching, I am glad to report I now own and drive a Pearl White 2000 Seville SLS with just over 80K miles on her. The interior is impecable and I couldn't have asked for a better deal...a little more than the STS I wanted but in 3 times better condition. I'll try and post some pics later on the week.
Thanks for all you help.
N8tP

Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by N8tP
LAST and FINAL UPDATE: Long story short the dealer installed the new motor and it too was believed to have a blown head gasket. I ask and received the refund on my deposit and began the search again. After two days of searching, I am glad to report I now own and drive a Pearl White 2000 Seville SLS with just over 80K miles on her. The interior is impeccable and I couldn't have asked for a better deal...a little more than the STS I wanted but in 3 times better condition. I'll try and post some pics later on the week.
Thanks for all you help.
N8tP

they did not do a compression test prior to buying/installing it .. poor business practice.

Best wishes with the new car .. you already did change the coolant, right?
remember .. cheap prevention ...

Old 06-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Certified Members

N8tP.... great to hear all has worked out for you!! you'll love the sls im sure, and as stealth said......COOLANT ....... among other fluids.. keep us posted, and we want pics!!!
rickyd