Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

HELP!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH MY CAR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Certified Members

Originally Posted by slycaddy
I know this thread is pretty old but I am having a similar problem. I have the same car and I am also having a battery issue. My car was running fine until I parked one day to wait for my friend and left the key on with the radio playing, my friend comes out and I try starting the car up but it wouldn't start. My friends dad jump starts it and we are off. I get to my house and we chill, when its time for him to leave, my car wouldn't start again. This time I get my neighbor to jump start it, and we are off. We get to his house, I drop him off and I went home. The following morning comes, I get into my car and it wont start again, security light isnt on and no lights were working. I check the battery and there were no loose cables or anything, it was completely dead. That same day, I take it to pepboys to have it checked, and they tell me that its dead and that I can recharge it for $5, I said ok. He tries to recharge it and it wouldn't recharge.... he said it was to "hot", whatever that means... I said fine, I'll just buy a new battery. He looks up my car and he takes out the right battery for my car, I noticed right away that the battery I had was much smaller than the one he sold me. I get home and I take a look at the space provided for the battery and it was a perfect fit. Now, I'm thinking that the owner that had it before installed a random battery that wasnt even the right size and slapped it on (I bought the caddy at an auction like 8 months ago). I install the battery and I notice that the security light comes on and the little red light on the dashboard also came on. I try starting the car and it doesn't want to stay on, it cranks, but the accelorating needle just falls all the way at zero when it was idling at 1 when the car would start fine. I just really hope its not the alternator... It also needs an oil change and a tune up right about now so once I get it to start I will take it to the mechanic shop to do that. I need help trying to get it started though, any help would be greatly appretiated. Thanks!
YOURS CRANKS ...
not the same problem.

needs codes and as long as you are at it, fuel pressure.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:32 PM

I got it to start today but I am iffy about driving it, its not idling like how it use to. The accelorating needle idles in between 1 and the line below 1, if it goes under the line, it turns off. When it was all up and running, the needle would idle at 1. So we try to turn the car on and it was still dying out on us. My neighbor tells me to give it gas and it was only staying on when we gave it some gas. My neighbor tells me to leave my foot on the pedal for a little bit and then after like about 15 seconds, I let go and it started to idle below 1. After a little bit, we turn it off and start it back up. It starts but it just isnt idling right and I don't want to drive it until it does, I'm probably gonna have no choice because I have to take it to the mechanic to have it looked at.