Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

clock reading wrong

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Default clock reading wrong

i have a 2003 cts with the NAV system in it. recently i had to replace the battery in it and after i did this the clock on the radio and the clock on the dash won't match no matter how many times i reset it. is there anything else i can try?

Old 05-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Default RE: clock reading wrong

I cannot assure you that this will fix your issue, but I had some electronic oddness happen in my 2003 a couple of times (window buttons getting wrong windows to work, Nav clock setting and dash clock not matching...).

As it was explained to me by the Dealer Service Manager (I got the car new there), for some reason, the electrical system needs to be reset - basically, the car needs a cold "reboot".

Disconnect the + and - battery leads from the battery. Touch the + and - leads together. Reconnect the + and - leads back to their correct battery posts.

This does not happen on all cars - rather it seems to be pretty intermittant. No one can identify why it happens.

Let us know if it worked.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: boya84

I cannot assure you that this will fix your issue, but I had some electronic oddness happen in my 2003 a couple of times (window buttons getting wrong windows to work, Nav clock setting and dash clock not matching...).

As it was explained to me by the Dealer Service Manager (I got the car new there), for some reason, the electrical system needs to be reset - basically, the car needs a cold "reboot".

Disconnect the + and - battery leads from the battery. Touch the + and - leads together. Reconnect the + and - leads back to their correct battery posts.

This does not happen on all cars - rather it seems to be pretty intermittant. No one can identify why it happens.

Let us know if it worked.
before you touch the leads together, wait a few minutes to allow for natural discharging.
this is like rebooting the computers .. of which the car has several.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:54 PM

thanks i appreciate the answers i will try this out tomorrow