Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

drivers seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Default drivers seat

Hello all,

I have a 1998 Seville STS and among the 3 or 4 problems I am trying to work thru is when I brake I can feel my seat move. It may be only a 1/8", but the feeling of "sliding" forward is uncomfortable. Does anyone know if there is an easy fix to this? I used to play around with VW GTIs and there were track guides on the seat tracks that were very easy to replace.

The other issues are occasional stall at idle when warm, I have not done much with this yet.

The front suspension noise, replaced the sway bar mounts and end links. That didn't help but I noticed a similar sound when I am backing up an press the brakes especially when turning the wheel to the right.

Slight thunk when going over a slow bump to the right (driveway) from the pass rear.

This a great forum with some great reading.

Thanks

Old 02-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: drivers seat

Seat: Riser seviced as assembly, one bolt on each track at rear hold it to floor.

Stalling: Check for codes, make sure throttle body is clear of carbon. To check MAF sensor will need to be removed.

Noises: Only suggestion - make sure caliper bracket bolts are tight 137 ft-lb frt and 94 ft-lb rear; and caliper bolts also Frt 63 ft-lb and rear 20 ft-lb

Old 02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Default RE: drivers seat

Thanks slowroll,

So you think the entire seat mount might be loose? It almost fels like the gears on the motor are stripped the way the seat shifts but it works perfectly. I will check the mounting points this Saturday.

There are no codes or dash messages but I will be cleaning the trottle body this weekend as a first step.

Thanks alot.