Cadillac Seville The Cadillac luxury combined with a performance sedan feel

94 seville sls white gas smoke from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Default 94 seville sls white gas smoke from exhaust

drove my car for a while and all of a sudden clouds of white smoke that smell like gas puffed out from exhaust. the whole block was smoked out with white smoke that smelled like pure gas. wtf is happening never happened before is this a head gasket or something please help im pissed off since i spent thousands already fixing this thing.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 94 seville sls white gas smoke from exhaust

ive never heard of white smoke that smelled like gas but i have seen white smoke fill up a city block due to a bad head gasket. Does the car seem to idle rough when it is smoking if so i would bet that it is a bad head gasket since this is what happened to my 92 deville. give us some more details such as how the car runs when it does this and does it go away after awhile.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:08 PM

It was not the head gaskets it was a fuel injector that was on all the time flooding the chamber/valve causing it to smoke like crazy. the mechanic changed the fuel injector but it was doing the same and he told me it could be either a short or the computer.... i dunno what to do anymore... DOES ANYBODY know anything about this

Old 12-17-2008, 02:31 PM

They still cant find the problem!! they put a new computer in and the same problem is there.
this stupid fuel injector is really pissing me off the mech. cant fix it so hes sending a electrical person to test to see if its a wire or electrical problem i wonder how much all this **** is gonna cost me..

Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM
Tech Certified Members

How does car run other than smoking? Generally speaking bad injector(s) do not cause white smoke out exhaust. How high does engine temp go on dic? Are you losing coolant at all? Has CO test been done on cooling system? What condition are the spark plugs in? Yes, more questions than answers, however the more info the better the answer.

Old 12-18-2008, 01:17 AM

other than smoking the car started to shake. the temp goes from 210 to 220 and a little more sometimes. i lose coolantonly if im at a spot for too long... i noticed coolant spits or leaks out from tube at reserve when engine is on and reaches 230something. no co test hasnt been done and truthefully i dont even know what procedure is that. i changed sparkplugs 2or3 weeks ago to the bosch iridium platinum plugs but when i took some of the old ones out i saw some oilon like 3 of them.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Certified Members

have you checked the oil to see if it is foamy at all or if you are burning moreoil than usual. When you say it shakes, does it shake all the time or at ide or does it go away at all? Also does it sputter or hesitate when you are driving? im just trying to understand more this is kind of a weird problem, and i want to figure out what this could be.[sm=smiley13.gif]

Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 PM

they found the problem.. it was the wire harness that goes to the fuel injectors. the wires were basically melted together. he seperated them and its working but temporary for now. but i need to change that wire harness.all these problems for a wire.