2001 Seville SLS overheating - Cadillac Forum - Enthusiast forums for Cadillac Owners

Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Exclamation 2001 Seville SLS overheating

Hello,

Still new here so don't beak if this is a re-post.

I have this problem with my 2001 SLS when I WOT, and travel at high speed, the temperature gauge moves about 2-3 cm to the hot side. After I reduce speed and RPM's, the gauge slowly moves back to the middle. Then if I quickly accelerate again It moves towards the hot side again. I'm not overly worried about the issue, but just inquiring in case this could potentially be an early symptom of a big issue. I considered air bubbles in my cooling system somewhere, but my heat blows hot, and the A/c works great.

Has anyone else experienced this problem first hand? Second hand? Maybe someone can link me to a thread where this has already been discussed? Please someone, shed some light on this potential issue I have.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Certified Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr AK View Post
Hello,

Still new here so don't beak if this is a re-post.

I have this problem with my 2001 SLS when I WOT, and travel at high speed, the temperature gauge moves about 2-3 cm to the hot side. After I reduce speed and RPM's, the gauge slowly moves back to the middle. Then if I quickly accelerate again It moves towards the hot side again. I'm not overly worried about the issue, but just inquiring in case this could potentially be an early symptom of a big issue. I considered air bubbles in my cooling system somewhere, but my heat blows hot, and the A/c works great.

Has anyone else experienced this problem first hand? Second hand? Maybe someone can link me to a thread where this has already been discussed? Please someone, shed some light on this potential issue I have.
can you clarify what high speed means?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Well when I run my RPM's high mainly. Like if I hammer the throttle and reach (lets say) 120 km/h then I would notice the temperature gauge move to the hot side. I haven't experimented to see how far the dial will move if I continue WOTing .. not sure if i really want to either :P but the car does eventually cool back down to normal temperature.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:35 PM

bumpbumpbump

is this normal??